interstitial cystitis?

(deactivated member)
on 3/5/12 9:37 pm - Lafayette, IN
anyone have it or heard of it? i went to the urologist yesterday and this is what she said she thinks is causing all my problems. i have to have a test done next wednesday to confirm it.
Sandra C.
on 3/5/12 10:46 pm - Kalamazoo, MI
 I have done research on IC for my symptoms. Currently working with a urology nurse coach,and allergist. I have been working on my symptoms for 2 months. The foods that effect me most are protein lemonade, coffee protein shakes, dark chocolate protein bars.
Both my urologist and allergist had me do an elimination diet to recognise the foods causing all my bladder pain. I am glad I had the allergy test. It revealed an allergy to whole eggs, shrimp, lobster, hazelnuts. Not milk like I suspected.

I have a theory about the high protein diet I am using for my D.S.  causing Ketosis, irritating the lining of the bladder, then the added food irritants are just too much for it to handle. I am going to bring it up this week with my coach. I have had swelling restricting flow, very dangerous if there is back up into the kidneys. Coffee, although an irritant, has diretic effects that seem to help me, but I dont have it very often . The urologist perscribed Vesicare, and I take Celebrex when needed instead of other Nsaids which may cause stomach ulsers with extended use, acording to my surgeons group. E-stem also helps with the pain, giving relief for hours. 

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Duodenal Switch- lap
Dr. Paul. Kemmeter Grand Rapids, Mi.
Dr. John  Renucci, Plastics, Body contouring,Grand Rapids, Mi.
Start 255/ Surgery wt 235/ Current wt. 117

BMI-20, 135 lbs lost, 5'3"

Toy T.
on 3/6/12 1:07 am
DS on 02/22/12
 I have IC. I probably had it all my life but it was dx a few years ago and I was put on Elmiron. I am currently in like a 3yr remission so I don't use elmiron unless I have a flare up. I learned to stay away from soda, chocolate, and other spicy foods that irritate my lining. I had a procedure to stretch my bladder when I was first dx. There is a diet you are supposed to follow. Some people don't go into remission. I was lucky enough to go into remission. It is a hassle especially when you are up using the bathroom every 5 seconds and when you travel. 
Amanda-DS
on 3/6/12 2:23 am
had it before surgery for about 2 years, it was hell, luckily am in remission.
I would not wi**** on my worse enemy, it made my life which was very busy with 3 young kids and a husband and a house to maintain a nightmare.

Mine was all connected with autoimmune disease gone amuck: arthritis, skin flares and the cystitis. It is a wonder I made it through with my sense of self and humor intact.
Gratitude is my attitude

Amanda-DS October 2001
highest >350/342 start of wls journey/ 192 @8years

Sher Bear Mama
on 3/10/12 12:53 am
I have it and so does my mother.  I am 3 months out from DS surgery and am not sure whether or not I'm having flare ups.  The symtoms seem to mix around with my tummy issues as well.  But I intend to see a urologist ASAP to see how i'm doing...

Sheri 
Sher--the bear mama

Most Active