What does your typical food log looks like at 10 weeks

maryinmn
on 3/5/12 9:43 pm - MN
I'm just not moving much since week 4 and really need a baseline to compare too.  I'm doing something wrong and hope by following some others' examples, I can reign this in and start to lose again.  Feeling terribly frustrated and failing. 
LoveLifeHappiness
on 3/6/12 1:43 am - NC
 Just focus on getting your water, vitamins and protein in and the rest will fall into place.  You aren't failing...our bodies all operate in different ways, and you may just need to give it time.  I "plateued" at several points along the way, but it's inevitable...the weight will come off!  I'm almost 9 months out and have lost 123 pounds. I'd like to lose 22 more and that shouldn't be an issue at all.  My weight came off quickly at first and has been gradual ever since.  I go weeks without losing, then lose lots at a time.  Everyone is different.  Just be patient and let your DS do its job :) 

Sandra C.
on 3/6/12 2:48 am - Kalamazoo, MI

Its common to plateau at 4 weeks out from surgery. Your body is making adjustments from rapid weight loss, rebalancing of fluids, and feeling like its in starvation mode. Keep track of carbs, I dont go over 50g, try to stay around 30g a day. Up your protein and good fats like cooking with olive oil. Watch your salt intake, try low salt bacon when you are allowed bacon by your doctor.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Duodenal Switch- lap
Dr. Paul. Kemmeter Grand Rapids, Mi.
Dr. John  Renucci, Plastics, Body contouring,Grand Rapids, Mi.
Start 255/ Surgery wt 235/ Current wt. 117

BMI-20, 135 lbs lost, 5'3"

NoMore B.
on 3/6/12 8:40 am
 Calm down.  You're not failing, and there is nothing you need to reign in.  It's totally normal to stall a bit right around the first month or two.  Your body is rebalancing fluids after all the inital weight loss.  It happens to almost everyone, and you're not the first or last person to panic about it.

You really cant break your DS so early out.  There's little you can do to affect the weight loss either positive or negative at this point.  Just follow the rules.  Get in your fluid, your protein, limit carbs.  The rest will fall in place, I promise.
Most Active