ex lap band doc suggested unjury protein for a shake any thoughts

usandall
on 3/6/12 6:26 pm
I have only been trying with ice, I will try the different temps and see if that helps.  I responded to one of your suggestion and shared I finally gave in and drank milk because my urine was concentrated when I just went to the bath room and my veins are flat.  From every thing I read I might be doing more harm then good can you please respond and let me know what you think if I am doing a big no no.  Donna
MajorMom
on 3/6/12 7:53 pm - VA
If the milk didn't give you any more bathroom issues than most new post-ops, do it. Hydration is number one.

--g

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

usandall
on 3/6/12 11:33 pm
Thank you that helps a lot and I hope it remains that way.
Donna
whalechickie
on 3/6/12 12:48 pm - Council Bluffs, IA
I'm the odd man out here. I LOVE Unjury. Have been drinking it every morning in my iced decaf coffee since pretty early out.
Everyone's tastes are different. Instead of buying big tubs of anything, try sample sizes first & find what you like. Unjury, VitaLady, and Chike (I think) have them. Also, lots of times Complete Nutrition or GNC will mix soee up if you go in asking about a certain kind. 
usandall
on 3/6/12 5:57 pm
I intended on going to GNC today however after taking my youngest to school then going grocery shopping and picking her back up and going to red box I was so tired which seems like I am being a baby since my surgery was on 2/14 but so be it and I will make another attempt tomorrow. 
Thank you and I am going to try sample sizes.  I was shocked when I was not happy with Costco protein drink they took it back. ......................
Donna
Sandra C.
on 3/6/12 10:16 pm - Kalamazoo, MI
 I like Unjury and Nector unflavored to mix in lactaid milk with SF French vanilla syrup or flavoring. Add instant coffee when you can have coffee. I was not allowed to till 6 months out. It increases cravings, and stomach acid, I was advised by my nutritionist. I have tubs of protein mixes I tried all over my kitchen. I give them a try every now and then. They taste very different from the first weeks post surgery. I am not a fan of gritty shakes, like one from Walmart. I let it sit for a while, the gritt settles to the bottom.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Duodenal Switch- lap
Dr. Paul. Kemmeter Grand Rapids, Mi.
Dr. John  Renucci, Plastics, Body contouring,Grand Rapids, Mi.
Start 255/ Surgery wt 235/ Current wt. 117

BMI-20, 135 lbs lost, 5'3"

usandall
on 3/7/12 12:32 pm
Today I did not have the best intake for some reason.  Years ago I remember a protein shake next to a gym I use to go to and I thought it tasted great.....................  of course now for the life of me I can not remember.   I think I gave it to a neighbor I might find out if she has it collecting dust as I did for awhile.  I think I am going to pick up a packet rather then large amounts.  Like yourself  I am not crazy about gritty shakes.  Now that I need to drink them I seem to be striking out.  It sounds so easy to drink a couple of shakes and have your daily required protein intake over with  however the act of doing it just does not seem as easy as it does mentally.  I committed to assist with grading papers and entering some typing info at my daughter school tomorrow.  I might be in over my head and the teacher is aware so if it becomes to much I can opt out.  Any way I was talking it over with my youngest and since she has a half day tomorrow I offered to take her to lunch if I am up to it at the mall which does have a GNC with in it. I was told I could find the syrups at GNC as well.   Although unjury I might have to buy on line rather then at GNC.  Do you have a lot of money invested in shakes?  Please do not feel obligated to answer that question. 
Thank you
Donna
Valerie G.
on 3/7/12 1:05 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
 Don't spend a lot of money on anything until you've tasted it first.   
Now, one thing that got me over the hump until I could eat enough protein was something called ProStat64.  It tasted absolutely dreadful, but it packed 15g in a teensy tiny ounce.  I could slam down 2oz while holding my nose and wince it through.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Sandra C.
on 3/7/12 12:44 pm - Kalamazoo, MI
 Vitamin Shop will take back opened shake mixes if you dont like them. Be sure to ask first, it may be our local store only. I do have lots of protein, but I know eventually it will all get used up. It looks like you wont find one to suit your tastes right now. Work on finding protein foods you like. If you try them, dont like it, at least your family can help you eat it. Its most important to stay hydrated, milk is good, and  SF hot chocolate made with milk.

Duodenal Switch- lap

Sandra C.
on 3/7/12 1:42 pm - Kalamazoo, MI
 did any one suggest the egg protein mixes? they tasted great to me, not at all like the whey, or vitamin  ones. the vitamin shop has some brands, and GNC too. The jars are smaller, may even come in single packets to try. I had the vanilla, comes in chocolate and strawberry too. My healthfood store also carried the large tubs of egg protein. Soy protein is another mix,but it has its own taste you may not like. My trainer blends silk tofu into soup, or shakes for added protein. Greek yogurt is high protein.

Duodenal Switch- lap

Most Active