ex lap band doc suggested unjury protein for a shake any thoughts

usandall
on 3/4/12 4:58 pm
I have been trying a few kinds and wow all I can say is this board has been right regarding my taste buds have changed.  I have tried a few from VIta Lady and I figured I would put it up for later and once my taste buds are back to normal I hope I can get my monies worth out of especially the big jug I purchased.  I have also tried some samples from her.  Last but not least the pre made shakes from Costco which I could taste the vit beneath them and it was gross to say the least. 

So since my lap band doc in the past did do this procedure  I asked him and he thought unjury was the best route and I wanted to run it by all of you before I waste money again.

Thanks
Donna
MajorMom
on 3/4/12 6:17 pm - VA
Unjury is highly overrated IMO, it's just another protein shake company. Just goes to show surgeons will believe anything about nutrition because they know so little.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

usandall
on 3/4/12 6:20 pm
That is why I ran it by you thanks.  I am going to check out the GNC local and then my taste buds are back to normal go back to vita-lady. 
Donna
LaShelle2
on 3/5/12 2:03 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
I agree with MM. It not only is overrated, IT IS JUST PLAIN GROSS!!!

It does not matter how good it is for you if you can't get it down because it is so NASTY.

Try to find something more tasty and make sure it is Whey protein Isolate because that's best for wls.  Stick to this WPI at least 6 mos or so. When you can eat larger amounts of protein from real food, the shakes are not as big of an issue and you can get the more affordable ones.

**** I AM AN OH SUPPORT GROUP LEADER ****
WHY I CHOSE DS: 
No dumping.  Highest percentage of weight loss, Best long term results,  Won't regain weight!  Eat normal sized meals,  96% diabeties, 90% high blood pressure, 80% sleep apnea cured.                                    I  MY DS!
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four unless there were three other people.    ~Orson Wells  

usandall
on 3/5/12 2:09 pm
Thank you
zuzupetals2u2
on 3/5/12 9:43 am - Sedona, AZ
 I bought many tubs of Champion brand before the surgery as many seemed to be raving about it. It is good but I like CHIKE more than anything I have tried so far. I dont mind having so much on
hand as I will use it forever now! I like to use the VitaMixer blender and use some ice and a frozen banana with it too and it is so good!

But I didnt like any protein powder the first 6 months but I ate a lot of food instead and kept up! If you dont get enough protein you wont be losing as much weight I found out so I try to get over 100 grams- more like 120 grams to be safe.

1985 Verticle Banded Gastroplasty to DS revision 2010     sw 280 gw 140 cw 188 hw 360

“If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.?
Winnie the Pooh

usandall
on 3/5/12 2:07 pm
So it took you 6 months before you could drink the shakes...................  I am having a hard time the shakes all appear to be missing something.................... 
MajorMom
on 3/5/12 5:53 pm - VA
Try mixing them with Lactaid milk. I use 1/2 & 1/2 and they come out great but you may be too early out to handle the lactose.

--g

******GOAL*******

Join us on the
Lightweights Board!

usandall
on 3/6/12 6:14 pm
I might be doing a Major NO NO Major Mom but for some reason I do not like the taste of water .................  I tried adding crystal lite which I use to like and it is not a favorite either.  My urine is concentrated and my veins are flat so I decided to have a glass of milk and it takes good.  I am worried in desperate time I chose some thing I have read may later cause me problems.  Looking forward to your response.  Donna
MajorMom
on 3/6/12 6:20 pm - VA
One thing that worked for me was ice water with fresh lime juice, sweetened to taste with Splenda. You might try that at different temps.

--g

******GOAL*******

Join us on the
Lightweights Board!

Most Active