Three years and one week out!

JazzyOne9254
on 3/3/12 10:18 am
I've not been very active lately...Mom appeared to be passing away, and I was spending every waking moment preparing to bury her.

She's rallying now, and is even able to sit up for meals, and for about an hour afterward, but still needs lots of bed rest.  She is 92 years old.

My three year surgiversary was February25th.  On that day, in 2009, I weighed 397 pounds.  My highest weight was 405.  I'm now stable between 175 and 180.  About 15 - 20 pounds of that is loose skin, my docs estimate.

I wear size 12 or 14 in jeans/pants and a medium (8-10) or large (12-14) tops/skirts.  I can wear as small as an 8 or as large as a 12 dress, depending on how it's cut.

The best thing about my DS?  I can shop for clothes anywhere, and can usually tell at a glance if something will fit.  I can also practice "clothing recycling" by shopping for classic, well-made  pieces at Goodwill, St. Vincent De Paul, sometimes Salvation Army(quality issues) and consignment shops, which also helped me help others during my re-wardrobing by donating, and put a little extra cash in my pocket by selling some of the higher-end plus-size pieces I had on consignment. 

The DS in my opinion, is the best bariatric surgery to come along.  Sure, the frequent small meals and supplement doses get on my nerves sometimes, but it has made my life better by achieving a healthy weight for me, despite my lupus and fibro.

Every day I am amazed, when I sit down at my desk in my home office/living-dining area (I live in a 1 bedroom apartment!) and there is room left on both sides of the chair.   I can actually see a little of the fabric on the seat at the sides!  Just sitting in a chair with arms like this one would have been a struggle, if not impossible three years ago!

Belated Happy Surgiversary to me! 

HW 405/SW 397/CW 138/GW 160  Do the research!  Check the stats!
The DS is *THE* solution to Severe Morbid Obesity!

nightowl
on 3/3/12 3:58 pm - Topeka, KS
Happy 3rd surgiversary to you indeed!  Thank you for the update and summary.  I was worried for you there a while back, but, I see life marches on for us.  It rocks that you now get to live with a weight less than half of your highest weight!
allraindrops
on 3/4/12 4:24 am
Pics?? it motivates us newbies to see before and afters! I love it!
Banded in March 2006, lost 15 and regained 20 lbs, revision to DS on December 19, 2011. Looking forward to loserland!

Updated: Starting weight 260 lbs, current weight 168 lbs (June 6, 2012)....I love my DS!

JazzyOne9254
on 3/7/12 2:58 am
I'll be re-posting my before and after catsuit pictures soon (after is 1 year out - I'm a bit smaller now)  I have to remember to take full body pictures now, since before, I avoided them like the plague!  I'll take some, and post them!

NoreenRT
on 3/4/12 8:54 am - Warner Robins, GA
wonderful post.  ain't life great on the skinner side?  congrats on your journey.

Noreen  HW 352 / SW 324 / CW 175/ LW/ 148 / GW 150   (achieved Aug 14 '11)

J G.
on 3/4/12 3:47 pm
Happy Surgiversary, JazzyOne!  How different you must feel now compared with your high weight.  Now at 150, I have to really work to remember my life at 325.  I love telling folks that I lost a whole person! 

Sure, the frequent small meals and supplement doses get on my nerves sometimes

I sometimes have a fleeting thought like that, too.  But then I think that I ate a lot before my DS, also,  just didn't spread it out through the day, like I do now.  I try to make most of my meals and snacks just real simple with very little prep. I eat a lot at night and often it's something like yogurt or nuts or cheese sticks.

Congrats on all your success!
Amanda-DS
on 3/5/12 2:11 am
happy surgiversary to you!!
may you find strength in this time with your mother, may your love for her lift you when your spirits are down, may you be at peace
stress is hell on fibro and autoimmune disease like lupus, so take good care of yourself!!
Gratitude is my attitude

Amanda-DS October 2001
highest >350/342 start of wls journey/ 192 @8years

JazzyOne9254
on 3/7/12 3:05 am
Amanda-

Excess stress for me usually precipitates a flare of SLE or Fibro, or God forbid...both!  Both flares simultaneously calls for near anesthesia!  I haven't been through that since early in my diagnosis, and I hope it never happens again.  This would be prime time for it, but my medicines seem to keep the symptoms under control.  Not totally pain-free, but tolerable.