April 26th

merrymorris
on 3/3/12 12:22 am - philadelphia, PA
DS on 04/26/12
I was moved up to April 26th instead of May 17th! So excited but really nervous for the pain and recovery. I will be out of work for 4 weeks. I hope that is enough recovery time. I'm a massage therapist so I thought I would take a good month before going back to work.
Valerie G.
on 3/3/12 2:51 am, edited 3/3/12 2:54 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
You need 8 weeks free of pushing/pulling/lifting anything more than 8lbs. Deep tissue massage may be out of the question for a while. I was listless for a good 6 weeks, too, but people react differently with recovery. A month is a good starting point, but leave yourself an out in case you need a little bit longer.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

merrymorris
on 3/3/12 10:38 am - philadelphia, PA
DS on 04/26/12
Wow, ok. Thanks for letting me know!
Jeanne77
on 3/4/12 3:20 am - Sterling Heights, MI
Yes, for myself I took 6 weeks off work (and I have a sitting job).  Not only just the physical, but it is going to take some getting use to having a new routine. For
several  weeks for me it was a challenge just to get in my morning shake (or eggs, etc) so I could take my vitamins.....
then, there is the new bowel movement schedule....
All I'm saying is there's a lot of things besides the physical that take getting use to. Give yourself plenty of time and be patient with yourself and the process. 
Surgery date 12/6/2011  norahs_here is my angel