OT swinging critters needed

(deactivated member)
on 2/28/12 12:11 am - Lafayette, IN
back in october i welcomed my husbands cousin and his family into my home. he has 4 children and they were homeless. our 2 families living together hasnt been easy. they have a special needs 10 yo and i have a special needs 16 yo. the 2 boys clash A LOT! well the cousin has been very sick for a few years and had no insurance. he has knots all over his body. since they moved in they have been able to get insurance. he started seeing a dr and got referred to a surgeon to have some of the knots removed and tested. last week he got the preliminary results...... cancer. we dont know yet what type or what stage. his hemoglobin has dropped 4 points over the last 2 weeks. he sees the surgeon today to schedule to have more of the knots biopsied. he is very depressed and anxious. i am doing everything i can to be there for him and his family. he has been like a big brother to me for almost 25 years. he has been referred to a hemotologist/oncologist and we are waiting to hear from that dr today. he tries very hard to be a good dad and husband but since the diagnosis i see him pulling away from everyone. i understand that he is going through a very difficult time but i hate to see him push away the people that love him. outside of me and my husband, the rest of his family treats him like trash. the people that live in my house are all he has. i dont know how to help him.
celticfaery
on 2/28/12 5:30 am - Walker, LA
DS on 10/11/12
I'm so sorry to hear this.  I will keep both your families in my thoughts.  Reassure him that because your two families are combined that he will definitely not have to go through this alone.  He's got the best support system right there.  As hard as it is, he's got to remain positive.  There is power in positive thought!

Keep us posted and brightest blessings to you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sleeved 6/2007 - Switched 10/2012 

NoreenRT
on 2/28/12 9:11 am - Warner Robins, GA
consider it done.  three furbabies in motion you way.  and, for extra measure, i'll say a prayer too. 
you and your dh are such good people.  hang in there and just keep doing what you're doing; offering shelter, food, and a loving home and heart.  

Noreen  HW 352 / SW 324 / CW 175/ LW/ 148 / GW 150   (achieved Aug 14 '11)

Diane Davis
on 2/28/12 12:03 pm
Prayers for him and all of you.  He needs grief counselling seriously bad.  There are groups for cancer patients to help them through this, his Dr's need to be aware of his reaction.  I can't imagine what he is going through, no one can, unless they are or have gone through it.
 My  is Jewels.  Love her very much!            
neacres100
on 2/28/12 11:50 pm - NJ

Swinging 8 furbabies and a ****atoo bird (very loud one too)....all at you.  Will say prayers for you and your family to get you through this. 

No one can understand what must be going through his troubled mind at this time, unless they have lived it.  Cancer is a very scary diagnosis. 

He does have an excellent support system right in your home....the extended family will help him through this no matter what.  Please tell him this.  Stress does a body no good, so the least amount of stress the better.  I agree that some counseling or group therapy may help him and/or your family to get through this.  Perhaps reading about some natural ways to give the body higher nutrition into it to get him through the possible rough road ahead.  ie: green tea, miatake mushrooms, blueberries, ****ake mushrooms....there's a lot of info about that on the internet.  It may not cure it, but can increase his antibodies.  I've seen what cancer treatment does to a body.  A few of my friends and family members have gone through it.  Nutrition now going into his body is important.

I wish him the very best and will keep you in my prayers.

Erroded lapband removed 12/28/09, stomach repaired, infected port cut out.

WLS done on Dec 14th, 2010.WOOHOO!!
I survived & I'm alive!  Dr. Gagner is my life saver!