success stories...???

ktbug1988
on 2/27/12 11:01 pm
Hey everyone I'm having the DS surgery March 21 of this year im very excited but also very nervous.  I know alot of you will see my surgeon and will want to share your opinion about him but that is not the responses that I am looking for today. I just honestly would like to hear about your successes and your troubles I have researched and researched this surgery and im about 95% positive about having this surgery. Please share your story with me it will be a huge help>>>>>> thank you very much I am so looking forward to heaering all of your stories!!!!!!!!!!!!
hamilbr
on 2/28/12 12:57 am - Lewisville, TX
I had my surgery 27 months ago...started out at 415lbs and I'm now 196lbs.  that's a total lost of 219lbs.. I recently had both knee replacement surgeries done.  So I can't say enought wonderful things about the DS.  I was one of the lucky ones--Surgery, recovery went very smooth.  Didn't really have much trouble with getting my vitamins and protein shakes down.  It has given my life back...you can go to my page and read my journey.  Good luck with your WL journey.

Brenda
ktbug1988
on 2/28/12 1:10 am
WOW that is awesome and I would love to read your story but when i clicked on your deal it said private and that i could not view it ?????????
momfirst2000
on 2/28/12 2:22 am - livermore, CA
DS on 02/29/12
 Brenda i tried to go to your page i can't find it did you delete it i would love to ready your story the day before my surgery .. 
hamilbr
on 2/29/12 12:34 am - Lewisville, TX
Ktbug...I added you as my friend..so you should be able to check my profile.

Brenda
PatXYZ
on 2/28/12 1:44 am, edited 2/28/12 1:44 am
You might not be looking for this, but it is clearly what you need to hear. Your surgeon is a butcher. If you value your health and your life, you won't attempt a DS with him.
PatXYZ
on 2/28/12 1:47 am
Scary stuff...

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/amos/4453022/Dr-Almanza-Patient-Coordinators-payments-general-questions/
ktbug1988
on 2/28/12 1:59 am
Thank u for your response but I have read ever review possible n this is the only site I have found bad on and even on the site his good reviews out weigh the bad every doctor us human they aren't gods they are gonna make mistakes I had an amazing doc here n the US that preformed my c section n I ended up with a horrible infection and lots of pain it wasn't because I had a bad doctor it just happens but thank you for your concern but I'm just wanting to hear about your actual DS journey I'm confident on my surgeon thank you though
newyorkbitch
on 2/28/12 3:40 am
What makes you confident in the surgeon?
PatXYZ
on 2/28/12 4:57 am
Have you actually read the threads you were provided?

The reason the good reviews outweigh the bad is because OH and many sites allow surgeons to remove negative reviews. The DS is an extremely complicated surgery, I'm not even confident that your surgeon can perform it and would be suspicious of what you'll end up with. And that's a best case scenario with this guy. It's sad that you would value a few thousand dollars over your life.