Costco premade protein shake any opinions

usandall
on 3/4/12 4:47 pm
my old lap band doc suggested unjury have you ever heard of it and if so what was your experience?
thanks
Donna
Sandra C.
on 3/4/12 9:03 pm - Kalamazoo, MI
 Unjury is good. It was recomended to me by a bariatric nurse. I did use it early on to mix into my home made soups and mix in milk w/SF syrups. They have individual serving packets, a plus for travel, and keeping fresh for a long time. My husband uses it after his gym workouts, he has a more sensitive nose and taste than I do, and likes it. Nector Medical unflavored is good too. I have used up 2 containers already. The vitamin Shop carrys Nector products, and the GHP store in Grand Rapids. There are many on line sources too.

Tricks to adding unflavored protein powder to hot liquids:
Dont heat over 130 degrees, or it will clump and become stringy. I microwave a cup of SF hot chocolate or coffee mix then add the unjury.  It stirs into warm liquid easily with a spoon, or mini battery whisk. Add just before serving. I cant taste its there, but does add more body to soups. Be sure to calculate the additional carbs when using canned soups and milk. I try to stay under 50 carbs, aim more to 20-30 when in a stall/plateau. Add ground almond flour to meat balls for added protein too.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Duodenal Switch- lap
Dr. Paul. Kemmeter Grand Rapids, Mi.
Dr. John  Renucci, Plastics, Body contouring,Grand Rapids, Mi.
Start 255/ Surgery wt 235/ Current wt. 117

BMI-20, 135 lbs lost, 5'3"

Victorious_one
on 3/6/12 5:57 am - South Central, PA

Try ordering samples of protein from Vitalady.  She has different brands and flavors that you can try to see which suits you best.  They're not ready-made, though.

You can also try the Atkins Advantage ready-to-drink shakes from Walmart.  They're 11 oz and 15g of protein; 4 shakes cost about $6.  You can try different flavors to see what works for you.  These worked for me when I was having a hard time keeping anything down.

Here's the link for the Atkins shakes:
http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?search_query=atki ns+advantage+shake&ic=16_0&Find=Find&search_constraint=97676 0 
Nicole  Lab rata data link- One-half of a DS couple!  - I'M BELOW GOAL!
 http://bit.ly/DSExp  After a very rough start it's official--I my DS!  Romans 8:28 
Looking for DS information? Start at 
 http://bit.ly/newDS and DSFacts.com 
LilySlim - Personal pictureLilySlim Weight loss tickers         
usandall
on 3/6/12 6:19 pm
Thank you that was a new one I had not heard of and I will try and pick those up tomorrow.  I have a few from Vita lady as I was trying to be well prepared prior to surgery but I am not loving them either.  The concern I have now is water is not rocking my boat even with crystal light so finally I broke and am currently having a glass of milk.  It taste great but from all the reading I am doing I might be causing myself more harm then good.  Looking forward to your response.
Donna