Costco premade protein shake any opinions

usandall
on 2/26/12 4:57 am
Surgery 2/14/12 having problems tolerating any thing.
Donna
Tabitha70
on 2/26/12 7:49 am
I drink 1 Premier Protein ready-to-drink shake each morning and have been for 2-3 years now. I tried lots and lots of other brands and these have been the best for me. Great protein, low carb and I like that I can just grab it and gulp it down. I had trouble with the smell of protein drinks so it is a bonus to me that I don't have to mix it and smell it.  I only like the chocolate, I tried the vanilla but didn't care for it. I drink it first thing every morning and actually enjoy it. Kind of the consistency of a Yoo-hoo and pretty good taste. If I drink one later in the day it doesn't taste quite as good to me, but first thing in the morning I look forward to it each day.  I get mine at Costco and they are great about returns so just save the box and receipt and if you don't like them, take them back. I did that with the vanilla with no trouble.  They also have them at Sam's Club but the carton has fewer than at Costco.

Good Luck, I count on mine so much that I always worry they will stop making them!

*************************************************************************************

RNY 11/00
with starting BMI of 57. Most lost was 52% EWL and BMI of 41.
Gained back every single pound.
Revision to DS 12/08 with starting BMI of 57 (again)
Over 3 years DS post-op, currently BMI of 26.3 
200lbs. gone as of 6/27/10 !!  I'm HALF of the old me as of 10/8/10 !! ONEderland 3/7/11 !!

LadyDi1970 and I are Angel buddies! 

dsbliss
on 2/26/12 10:29 am
I love them, only protein drink that doesn't give me gas. I drink 3 a day. You can buy strawberry from their website I do on occasion.
usandall
on 3/3/12 6:18 pm
For some reason the taste was not good as I felt like it was covering up vitamins.  I will try again as I understand my taste buds are forever changing at this moment.  Thanks Donna
lexusmn
on 2/27/12 2:45 am - Forest Lake, MN
Ditto!! Love THEM!!! :-)

* Gail R *
on 2/27/12 3:34 am - SF Bay Area, CA
Those are the only protien drinks that I like.  Good for on the go, take along food.

~Gail R~  high wt.288,  surg wt 274, LW 143, CW 153,  GW164

usandall
on 3/3/12 6:27 pm
I guess I will have to give it another try after my taste buds settle down because as this point I find them to be kind of nasty.  Thanks Donna
Sandra C.
on 3/3/12 9:13 pm, edited 3/3/12 9:14 pm - Kalamazoo, MI
Hi Donna,
Try tasting the Premier ready to go protein shakes after refrigeration. I transfer them into a covered sippy cup for the car, dont like to use a straw, it fills my stomach with too much air, even at 6 months out.

The vanilla may be fun to experiment with adding flavoring of Mio tangerine, or other flavorful extracts, almond, french vanilla, hazelnut, brandy, Kaluha , or make a virgin white Russian with it....Just an idea. I havent needed to add anything.  I  like both flavors as they are. 30g of protein, 3 carbs , 11 oz fluid, makes it the wisest choice of meal replacement fluids out there.

Sandra  ;-)

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Duodenal Switch- lap
Dr. Paul. Kemmeter Grand Rapids, Mi.
Dr. John  Renucci, Plastics, Body contouring,Grand Rapids, Mi.
Start 255/ Surgery wt 235/ Current wt. 117

BMI-20, 135 lbs lost, 5'3"

usandall
on 3/4/12 2:31 pm
Mathematically I think it is a wise choice however my taste buds are acting goofy and I can taste the vitamins in the shake and it makes me nauseated..............  I guess I should retry in a few months.
Thanks
Donna
Sandra C.
on 3/4/12 2:42 pm - Kalamazoo, MI
 I hope you find a protein solution. For a few weeks, when I was about 1 month out from surgery I tried New Whey from Sams, or fruit punch flavored box of the same type from Costco. They are colligen protein, not advised for D.S.ers, but I liked the idea they were milk free. I mixed them with cold water to dilute the overly sweet taste. I did lose with them and was able to keep hydrated sipping them all day. I didnt really like the taste, but I havent liked the taste of anything artificially flavored much any way. Real food is more appealing as time goes on, and thats the way it should be.  ;-)

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Duodenal Switch- lap
Dr. Paul. Kemmeter Grand Rapids, Mi.
Dr. John  Renucci, Plastics, Body contouring,Grand Rapids, Mi.
Start 255/ Surgery wt 235/ Current wt. 117

BMI-20, 135 lbs lost, 5'3"