New ds'er 2/14/12 Vomiting

Dagny
on 2/29/12 10:03 am - NY
Now I KNOW Dr. Ungson's post-op instructions do not include steak at 2 weeks out.
You are still at the mushy phase: yogurt, cottage cheese, refried beans. If it is soft enough to smush against the roof of your mouth instead of chewing, it is ok.
Keep trying the protein shakes. You're going to need them. Like like other liquids, it is small sips only. Sip, sip, sip, sip. How do they bother your stomach? Maybe we can suggest one that won't.
But, it really looks like you are trying too much, too fast, too soon.
Eating is not important now, anyway. As someone else mentioned, hydration is your priority.
usandall
on 3/3/12 6:30 pm
Thank you I am taking a step back.  Trying to find the post op paper work Dr ungson sent home with me.  The nutritionist dropped off the packet but did not go over it.  My oldest daughter said it did not stage out the diet so I will need to re look at it.  Donna
newyorkbitch
on 3/4/12 1:54 am
Why don't you just read the TON of information that exists already on this site about this subject?

usandall
on 3/4/12 3:07 pm

Tonight I made a commitment to read all the data my surgeon sent, because prior to my surgery I spent so many hours on this site researching every thing I could get my hands on.  I had to contact my oldest daughter to find where the folder from my surgeon was because with various people helping me post surgery I am unable to find any thing.  It was just like you or others have thought and I was rushing.  I did do an egg pureed this evening for dinner it had a tad to much mustard but it was good.  I am going to the store tomorrow to pick up some other items which will work well in this stage.  I did read from my Dr sorbet is an option however since it has sugar and the site does not suggest it I will avoid it..  I have found if I gulp rather then sip I am setting myself up for vomiting.  I feel lucky I have found this site and I thank you
Donna

neacres100
on 3/6/12 10:09 am - NJ
Sugar free ice pops may help you too to get fluids in.  Another new item, MIO's.  You add them to water.  I noticed that the new MIO"s that are labeld Energy.... has vitamin B's as well, but they also have caffeine and guarana in them.  I love the regular MIO's....you can add as little as you want to bottled water, or more if you like.  It's liquid, and you don't have to wait for any powder to melt into the water, it mixes instantly into the water.  Comes in i think 7 flavors, and the MIO bottle is pocket size, so you can carry it around to add it to water.

Erroded lapband removed 12/28/09, stomach repaired, infected port cut out.

WLS done on Dec 14th, 2010.WOOHOO!!
I survived & I'm alive!  Dr. Gagner is my life saver!
usandall
on 3/11/12 4:13 pm
I did.  thanks
usandall
on 3/5/12 3:59 pm
in regard to your other question I think what bothers me is the taste of the vit in some of the protein shakes.  As for what upsetting my stomach i think I finally understand why it is continuously written on this site sip sip sip.  If I try and sip to quickly I vomit.  The vit I do not think I should be taking as a handful and I have decided to wait until my one month mark. 
Thank you
Donna
neacres100
on 3/6/12 10:11 am - NJ
when you do start taking vitamins, you can crush them into powder and add them into something mushy.  and some multi vitamins come as gummies, so you can chew or suck on them.

Erroded lapband removed 12/28/09, stomach repaired, infected port cut out.

WLS done on Dec 14th, 2010.WOOHOO!!
I survived & I'm alive!  Dr. Gagner is my life saver!