New ds'er 2/14/12 Vomiting

Diane Davis
on 2/26/12 4:56 am
Like I told someone else......sugar free popsicles!
 My  is Jewels.  Love her very much!            
neacres100
on 2/26/12 6:39 am - NJ
I had my surgery in Canada.  where did you have yours done?

Erroded lapband removed 12/28/09, stomach repaired, infected port cut out.

WLS done on Dec 14th, 2010.WOOHOO!!
I survived & I'm alive!  Dr. Gagner is my life saver!
usandall
on 3/5/12 3:43 pm
Mexico. 
They were all very nice however the nutritionist did not speak much English. 
neacres100
on 3/6/12 9:33 am - NJ

Little at a time.  Fluids are most important.  Like I said previously, just try different temps.  Sometimes ice cold soothes better than hot or warm.  It can vary day to day as well.  Your taste buds may not like something one day, and may tolerate it another day and vice a versa.  Strange, I know.    Small quantaties at a time, several times a day. 

Also, what i did when I did start taking vitamins, I crushed them and mixed them in with some kind of mushy food.....little at a time.  I couldn't tolerate much of the protein shakes for a while.  Isopure, I drank in shots.  Personally, I didn't like them much, but they packed in a lot of protein in a bottle.  I had my son buy them for me at the vitamin store.  The purple one for me was about the best in shots.  Can't say that I would chug a lug a bottle. 

I meant to say, the creamy peanut butter.....that should be the natural one, so it doesn't have sugar.  Not Skippy, of Jifffy etc....

You can have your steak later, much later.  Right now, your insides have to heal from a serious surgery.   you'll see, as time goes on, it will be easier for you, and you will feel better.

If you want, you can send me a private message, instead of posting on here. 

Erroded lapband removed 12/28/09, stomach repaired, infected port cut out.

WLS done on Dec 14th, 2010.WOOHOO!!
I survived & I'm alive!  Dr. Gagner is my life saver!
usandall
on 3/6/12 6:04 pm
You have been so helpful and I will.  I am not crazy abou****er for some reason right now and my urine is concentrated so after hearing a noise which made me wake up I am probably doing a bad thing but I am drinking a glass a milk.  My veins are flat and I do not want to take any chances. 
I will head to sprouts and get the all natural peanut butter because the one I have is from the regular store.
Thank you again so much
Donna
Amy Farrah Fowler
on 2/27/12 10:02 am
  The problem has nothing to do with going outside the US. There are a few top surgeons in MX, so that isn't fair. 

Surgeons anywhere can have less then stellar post op info, but if your surgeon gave you some, that is what you should be following.

usandall
on 3/5/12 3:54 pm

Honestly I would not blame Mexico.  I received a file of info to follow from a nutritionist which did not speak much English.  Apparently those Pt's who have had tummy tucks in the past go through more pain per the doc as a result I was not reading any thing.  My oldest read it and said it did not mention any thing however I do see some info which is important.  I do feel some responses from mbr's on this site have been more informative then what I read.  I read the file from the doc over the last 2 days as I am no longer suffering from tummy tuck after math pain. 
The only problem I had going out side the USA was related to a back problem which I am medicated with long acting morphine from years of injuries by moving pt's.  While in the hospital they felt the long acting morphine would be sufficient for my DS surgery as well and it was not.  I begged my Dr to release me on my 3 rd day at the hotel.  At the hotel I took my morphine long acting as my pain doc suggested and then took the pain medication I needed for my DS and I was fine.  I am hoping one of the benefits to the DS is I can get rid of my long acting morphine I am keeping my fingers crossed:)
Thanks
Donna

MsBatt
on 2/29/12 6:39 am
On February 26, 2012 at 12:44 PM Pacific Time, usandall wrote:
Thank you.  I guess the down side of having the surgery out side of the USA is less educational material. 
Nope---the same education material was available to you on-liine RIGHT HERE, no matter where you had the actual cutting done. You blocked a lot of the vets who were trying to GIVE you pre-op education.
MsBatt
on 2/26/12 10:48 pm
At 12 days post-op, you shouldn't be eating that requires chewing. In fact, you rally shouldn't be eating that won't pass through a straw. Starting on Day 15, you can move on to 'easily mashed with a fork' foods, but wait AT LEAST until Day 29 to do any real chewing.
usandall
on 3/5/12 3:26 pm, edited 3/5/12 3:27 pm
this is helpful and I did not have to take any lip from vets.  I welcome vets who want to give me beneficial information however I do not feel I have to take some kind of crap from them to belong to a certain club.  I am much to old and have been around this world to long to have to take crap to feed someones ego.   I am tough and smart and through the beneficial info you and other have provided I will make it through this
Thank you very much
Donna