New ds'er 2/14/12 Vomiting

usandall
on 2/25/12 12:03 pm
Running out of ideas of what to eat?  Attempting protein shakes no good on stomach.  Jello and broth work however according to what I read per my doc I should be further along.  My daughter made me a steak tonight not sure if I made a mistake but I then took my vitamins from vita-lady  and the next thing I knew is not only am I vomiting also the front of my shirt is soaked from the drainage.  Any suggestions of what food I should eat I would appreciate it.
Thanks
Donna
Beam me up Scottie
on 2/25/12 1:15 pm
If jello and broth work stick with those. You mighty try a protein tube from walmart. The protein is a lower quality, but for the short term it will work.
MajorMom
on 2/25/12 6:02 pm - VA
Slow down, Donna. You can wait to take all of Vitalady's vitamins. Stick with a couple of multies (snapped in half), calcium (dissolve in water and mix with a juice or herbal tea), D3 and A. Add a new capsule every few days and see how it goes. Your number one priority right now is hydration. Being dehydrated can make you nauseous, so work with the fluids that don't make you sick. Are you on an acid reducer, sometimes those help as well.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

usandall
on 2/25/12 6:34 pm
Are you on an acid reducer, sometimes those help as well.

I am not sure what this is.  I did OK with the vits up until this evening I will back off as vomiting did not feel good.
Thanks
Donna
Lisa A.
on 2/25/12 7:41 pm - Windsor, NY
You had surgery on 2/14 and you are eating steak already? Wow - that is quick. Everyone is different but you've moved along very quickly if it was 2/14. Even now, almost 2 years out, steak is the one thing that can still make me throw up if it is a cheap cut and is too raw. Someone told me that steak would be the hardest for my body to digest.

I would slow way down on everything. I personally couldn't even eat and barely drink for 6 months so just take it easy! Good Luck!

usandall
on 2/25/12 8:34 pm
I had no idea about the steak.    thanks.  Donna
WowMomLol
on 2/25/12 8:02 pm - MI

I had my last pre op appointment Friday, and at it they gave me my discharge orders, so I could read them over.  It says on my papers to take vitamins 5 min. apart from each other to cut down on being nauseous. 

Don’t know if this will help, but thought I would throw it out there.  I hope you start feeling better.

usandall
on 2/25/12 8:35 pm
Thank you
Donna
Blank Out
on 2/25/12 8:28 pm
 I was on liquids and soft things like jello for a long time.  I didn't not bother with vites until I was one month out.  But, I did put a sublingual B vite under my tongue everyday.  An acid reducer is like a Pepcid.  You should be taking one in the am, and one in the pm.  Keep it soft and mushy, and very slowly add foods that are soft.  I was 8 weeks out before I ate meat of any kind!  I lived on eggs in every form, protein drinks made my puke, so I did not use them.  Jello is great, broth, refried beans with melted cheese on them.  Go slow!!!

HW/ 302  SW/287  CW/140  GW/135

usandall
on 2/25/12 8:37 pm
Thank you
Donna