Dr. Simper Utah

happiegirl
on 2/25/12 7:14 am - Albuquerque, NM
VSG on 04/24/12

I was wondering if there was anyone here who had their surgery performed by Dr. Simper in Utah.  I'd like to ask some questions.  I'm considering DS again although I really wanted a Sleeve, the insurance won't pay for it.  I'm concerned about all the vitamins with DS the first surgeon I met with said this procedure was the most dangerous and involved the most complications.  He said I risked the most vitamin deficiencies.  I'm afraid of osteoporosis since I'm only 32.  The Surgeon I met with said that he actually had to reverse some DS to RNY because of too many complications. 

MajorMom
on 2/25/12 7:43 am - VA
That other surgeon you talked to is blowing smoke and full of crap. I think I've hear the same drivel from other folks he's talked to. 

Dr Simper is a fine surgeon and there are several of his patients here and on other Facebook groups and sites.

If you're interested in those links, please let me know.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

galla1
on 2/25/12 8:39 am
 Hi.. Dr. Simper is my surgeon.. I had my DS in may. I was very pleased with him.. He is great! Feel free to ask what ever you would like.. You can message me if you would like also..there is several others here who had him as well!!

SW 314-- CW 170-- GW 155   HT 5'7"  I love my DS !!
determineddanni
on 2/25/12 10:01 am
hello happie girl!
I am also a pt of dr. simper. I do really love my surgeon, he is very bright but down to earth. He takes the time to explain things simply and is very honest. Yes the DS is a more complicated surgery but when you are in the hands of a skilled surgeon, you have a lot less to worry about :) NEVER GO TO A DOCTOR WHO IS NOT ON DSFACTS.COM AS A VETTED SURGEON. also ds pt's don't absorb much but guess what its the best surgery for keeping the weight off. the absorb thing is totally workable. with every WLS you have to take vit's, why not take a few more vit's and get the better surgery? i am only 26 and i honestly don't worry about vits because i know i am going to watch my labs and take my vits. adjust and adjust till i have a balance. i got this surgery because it is the best for maintaining goal weight, since i am so young i want this to last. vits is so minor a thing to have a better life!

i have heard of very very few cases of ds revisions. on the other hand i have seen a lot of rny, band, and sleeve revisions. best thing i would do is educate yourself:) get all the data, listen to the ds'ers on the boards and decide which is best for you. do not listen to silly surgeons who don't do the surgery and tell you horror stories lol dsfacts.com is a great place to start:)

dr. simper has a lot of pt's on the sight and i am sure you will here more from them as well. if you feel the need to pm me go right ahead.

good luck:)

HW 259          SW 256          CW 141       GW 150

(deactivated member)
on 3/28/12 2:26 am
 I had RNY and am planning on having a revision to DS with Dr. Simper. Don't worry too much about the nutrition issue. As a RNY patient, I take about eighteen pills each day in supplements. With the DS you might have to take a few more, but the DS is the most powerful weight loss surgery in existence.