I have a date!

MeNotYou
on 2/25/12 10:58 am

After much back and forth on which surgery I should have, and research since I got my crap band, and might I mention pain from the crap band, I have chosen a Dr. and have a sugery date :)

I'm excited and nervous at the same time, I'll be traveling away from home (obviously)  but both my mom and cousin have agreed to go with me, so I'll have a good support system there. Now I have to make sure everything is ready to go, vites, protein, blah blah blah. 

I just hope I can keep from exploding until the surgery!

MajorMom
on 2/25/12 6:14 pm - VA
Congratulations!  Now remember you don't have to start everything all at once. Staying hydrated is you number one priority immediately post-op. Take a couple of multivitamins (snapped in two if tablet), calcium dissolved in water and mixed with one of your fluids, and maybe your D3 and A. One tablet/capsule at a time and rest before you take the next one. Protein if you can do it...sip, sip sip. :)

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

WowMomLol
on 2/25/12 8:07 pm - MI

Congrats!!  I think it’s great you have people supporting you.  I wish you all the best.

MeNotYou
on 2/25/12 10:13 pm
 Major mom, I see you had ur surgery a few years ago...any words of wisdom for me to think about?

MajorMom
on 2/25/12 10:21 pm - VA
Hmm...you're going to be feeling like you were hit by a Mack truck at first. Take it slow and easy in the beginning.

This is a journey and not a race but I would say to maximize your 18-24 month long window. Lose as much as you can as fast as you can, then you can coast into maintenance. Follow a good vitamin program like Vitalady's and adjust your vitamins as you get your lab results. Protein shakes, dense protein food and a low-ish carb lifestyle works long term for a lot of people but listen to your own body. 

Stay hooked in with a strong support network...like us.

--g

******GOAL*******

Join us on the
Lightweights Board!

MeNotYou
on 2/26/12 1:09 am
Thanks so much, yeah I'm imagining I'm going to feel pretty crappy, but hell, I feel pretty crappy now lol. I'll definitely stay over here, there is so much support over here and some really lovely people. May I ask a question? If I need help with my first set of labs would you be able to help me?

~Me
MajorMom
on 2/26/12 1:45 am - VA
Sure, I'll help. :)

******GOAL*******

Join us on the
Lightweights Board!

MeNotYou
on 2/26/12 2:28 am
Thanks so much!!
Diane Davis
on 2/26/12 5:18 am
Wishing you the best!  When is your surgery, where, and who's your surgeon?
 My  is Jewels.  Love her very much!            
MeNotYou
on 2/26/12 6:22 am
April 19 with Dr. Keshishian. Just saying it makes me excited :)