Have a DSer's good hot chocolate recipe??

WowMomLol
on 2/25/12 12:51 am - MI

I don’t drink coffee, but I love hot chocolate.  I noticed people seem to get a lot of their daily protein in by drinking it.  So any good hot chocolate recipes would be appreciated.   Thanks.

MajorMom
on 2/25/12 1:54 am - VA
Hot protein chocolate?  I would use Syntrax Nectar chocolate truffle protein. Mix a slurry of 1 1/2 scoops chocolate protein with 4-6 oz of Lactaid milk or water, pour heated water or Lactaid milk on top. You want to add warm to cool slurry, not try to mix powder with hot liquid.  Once you're sure you are not lactose intolerant you can switch to 1/2 & 1/2 or real cream and water.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

WowMomLol
on 2/25/12 7:47 pm - MI
Thanks.  I have a recipe to make regular hot chocolate, but I am sure it has a TON of carbs. 
AundreaSmith
on 2/25/12 4:16 am - Caledonia, MI
DS on 03/12/12
The store at Dr. Kemmeter's office had SEVERAL different types of protein hot chocolate.  They have:

Hot Chocolate
Hot Chocolate w/marshmellows
Irish Cream Hot Chocolate
Mocha Hot Chocolate.

It was $8 for a box of 7.  I opted for the Irish Cream Hot Chocolate and it's got 15 grams of protein per packet.  After I have one, I can let you know what I think!  :o)   My diet starts tomorrow...

HW: 404/ SW: 380/  GW: 155

WowMomLol
on 2/25/12 7:51 pm - MI
Yes, I have bought the regular and w/marshmellows.  The problem with that is if I have 2 or 3 of them a day for protein; I will always be running out of boxes of 7, but thanks.
AundreaSmith
on 2/27/12 10:07 am - Caledonia, MI
DS on 03/12/12
Yeah, that makes total sense.    Not sure if you can get like a sugar free instant hot chocolate and add protein powder to it.  Good question though!

HW: 404/ SW: 380/  GW: 155

Catnip
on 2/27/12 8:31 pm - Ottawa, Canada
Invest in a milk frother.

You can make a chocolate protien shake and then heat it in the milk frother. It doesn't cause the protien to curdel but makes it hot. 

I drink protien all the time now.

Catnip

Citrate or Bust (a few bones) !
catnip.gif picture by catnipcook

WowMomLol
on 2/28/12 8:09 am - MI
Thanks for the idea.