Vitamins????? Where to get??

Monica22
on 2/23/12 7:38 am, edited 2/23/12 7:40 am - Shakopee, MN
DS on 03/15/12
Where is the best place to get ADEK from that’s not to badly priced?
Amy Farrah Fowler
on 2/23/12 8:01 am
Vitalady. Her prices are reasonable, and she has the formulations that work for us. Until you become familiar with the types of vitamins that work (and DON'T work for us) then trust Michelle to guide you. Even though I now also shop sales and such, I still get some staples from Vitalady, as they are as cheap as anywhere, and some things are hard to find elsewhere in the type and strength we need. 
A. Holt
on 2/23/12 8:24 am
www.vitalady.com

happydsr
on 2/23/12 1:03 pm
 Vitalady absolutely!

rather than ADEKs in a combination pill, by buying the indiviual vitamns, you can better address the specifics of your lab results and deficiencies.
J J the Jet Plane
on 2/23/12 10:41 pm
I use vitalady, costco for some and amazon. Mainly vitalady.com
Valerie G.
on 2/24/12 3:40 am, edited 2/24/12 3:40 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
I get my A, K, and D from vitalady.com. I can get all the rest at my local stores.
Don't bother getting an ADEK multi - they usually aren't strong enough for DSers.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

(deactivated member)
on 2/24/12 4:00 am
Ditto what the others said.  You need individual dry versions of each, and Vitalady is the way to go.
Monica22
on 2/24/12 4:13 pm - Shakopee, MN
DS on 03/15/12
Ok next question my surgery is in march can I take the reg vits right away or do I need the chewables at first....I know you do not take the calcium right away, I need to ask yet what they want us to take right after, they want me to take chewable Flintstones...they are horriid!.  Sounds like the vitalady is they way to go here I can see as well.
MajorMom
on 2/24/12 6:08 pm - VA
Vitalady has a chewable multi as well as a capsule version. I was on capsules right away instead of chewables.

Her plan is extensive so you start very slowly. I started with multies, calcium, D3, A, zinc and selenium. The selenium was suggested to help avoid hair loss. I still lost hair but not as mush as you hear some folks speak of. I also started right away with protein shakes. At first I just mixed chocolate protein powder with water and heated it (20 seconds) in the microwave. You have to keep your protein below 130 degrees or it will clump and cook.

My labs were a mess until I got on Vitalady's plan. My surgeon and and his staff were clueless concerning vitamins and DSrs' requirements. They just tried to modify RNY plans for us....didn't work for me. Now they are more on board with Vitalady's plan for DSrs. :)

--g

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

(deactivated member)
on 2/25/12 6:42 pm
I get my Vitamin A from Vitalady
Vitamin D on eBay
Vitamin E, Magnesium, B-12, and zinc at Walmart.
Vitamin K at Vitacost.
Calcium Citrate, Multivitamin, and B-Complex from Sam's Club

Those are where I've found the best deals for the amount I need.