But I had the Vitamin D shot....

beemerbeeper
on 2/19/12 8:50 am - AL
Now it is time to learn to post your labs (preferrably over on the proforum site where the vets are) and learn what you need to do to take care of yourself.  You've seen first hand that the surgeons/pcps don't know what you need.

Prescription Vit D is worthless.  You need to be on DRY Vit D.

How often are you getting your labs?  When do you plan to get them again to follow-up?

~Becky

Mannyb23
on 2/19/12 10:29 am - Fort Worth, TX
yes I am scheduled to go back in 2 months and get my vit D drawn. I am at work now but when I get home in the morning I am going to post all of my labs on line and pray that yall can help me decipher all of this. I am also headed to vitalady's website to get me some dry Vit D. Thank you all again.
My new life is beginning!         
airbender
on 2/19/12 10:50 am
well I am not sure what "vit d shot" you are taking. depends on your doseage, and how often you take it, you may need a dose change and increased intervals.   I have my Vit d IM compounded for me.  My vit D is 78.   if you need iron and folic acid, ask your dr for a RX for proferrin forte, it contains both.  let us know how you are doing.
buzz97
on 2/24/12 11:18 am - Houston, TX
Dr. Stewart did my DS almost 2 years ago -- about 12 months ago I tried the his vit D shot and after 6 months (with no added D pills) my vit D was still low at 25.  I tried the shot one more time and added several vit D pills per week and was still low after another 6 months.  So I said forget the shots and am taking 100K-150K per day of Vitalady vit D pills and my D is now starting to slowly rise.