Example of Vitamins

SukieSookie
on 2/16/12 2:50 am
 I know that everyone's needs are different after surgery, but I was wondering if someone can give me an example of what kind of vitamins they take on a daily basis and how many? Also, if you take a probiotic which one do you find works the best?

Thank you
newyorkbitch
on 2/16/12 3:03 am
Have you checked vitalady.com  ?
Valerie G.
on 2/16/12 4:09 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
 Vitalady's plan is a great "shotgun" assault, for it covers absolutely everything.  As you become accustomed to labs, you may discover that you don't need as much of some things.  Here's my daily regimen:

2 doses Centrum or generic equivalent (whatever was on sale)
2000 mg calcium citrate
600 mcg zinc
10,000 iu dry vitamin A
50,000 iu dry vitamin D
5000 mg B12
1000 mcg dry vitamin K

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

beemerbeeper
on 2/17/12 10:06 am - AL
I take two large doses and four small doses during the day.

A partial list of the different vites I take:

Centrum
Dry A
Dry E
Dry D
Dry K1
Dry K2
Zinc
Magnesium Citrate for bones
Magnesium Oxide (depending on my diet) for constipation
Calcium Citrate:  I take 6 doses every day (2 pills is one dose)
Vit C
B50 Complex once a week
B12
Potassium

What I no longer take:  high blood pressure meds, cholesterol meds, and I'll never have to take the diabetes meds I was headed for.  Oh and I also haven't had to take pain pills, muscle relaxers, since surgery AND I have only had one cold since my surgery that didn't require any meds.

~Becky

mrsannie
on 2/19/12 1:43 am
 A good probiotic for me is Digestive Advantage Gas Formula.  Its $7 at Walmart for 30 pills, and it works great!  I take 2 a day and if I eat something out of the way I will take an extra and that usually helps.  Be sure to drink a glass of water with it, it really helps.

I have tried more expensive brands (even Primal Defense), but these actually work better for me!

Also remember not to take any probiotic at the same time as your vits, it can interfere with absorbtion!

Nothing will change if you don't have the courage to change it!
      And stop calling me "Shirley!"