X-posted from FB: Vitalady needs help

BeSwitched
on 2/15/12 5:30 am
  Saw this on FB, reposting here:

URGENT URGENT URGENT!!! Please spread the word far and wide in all your WLS landing (and professional, for medical peeps) places: VITALADY NEEDS HELP. She has an intussusception (sp?) in her duodenum where it connects to her stomach pouch. (She has DS-style guts, so yes, she does have a fragment of duodenum in her alimentary tract.) None of her docs has ever seen such a thing, so she is in deep ne...ed of connections with ANYONE with personal or professional experience.

Her main symptom is sudden and persistent nausea and vomiting, the former from pouch not emptying and the latter possibly from vagal nerve troubles. She cah't keep any weight on and sounds like she needs (a majorly depressing thought for her) TPN.

She also requests, and this is important as well, that anyone who needs to communicate with her to PLEASE CALL. Remember it's Pacific time and don't call before noon or so (she's incoherent in the morning under best of cir****tances), but she WANTS to hear from people. She is largely unable to handle using email or the forums, but can sit and talk. She NEEDS to be helping people. It's her reason for living. She NEEDS to hear success stories and cries for help alike. That's where she gets her "high." You are NOT intruding. You are helping her to feel alive, connected to the world and to her calling, to the people she loves.

Third, if you are a praying person, she specifically requests that you put her and Don on every prayer list/meeting/chain you know.

Please copy/paste if you wish, folks. She's in real trouble. I'm unlikely to be online again before tomorrow and this should go out quickly. Please be sure to blanket the Yahoo groups, FB groups, everywhere.
Generic User_Name
on 2/15/12 6:28 am
 Swinging 7 cats and 3 dogs for Michelle and Don!!!

Queen Koosa
on 2/15/12 6:40 am
I will keep her in my prayers. 

She has been such a help to so many.
DON'T DREAM YOUR LIFE.
 LIVE YOUR DREAMS

MajorMom
on 2/16/12 12:36 am - VA
From Liz:

Concerning Michelle/Vitalady: I talked to her last night for about 30 mins...she wanted everyone to know that what she is dealing with is NOT, I repeat NOT WLS related. I also have Steve's permission to crosspost this to where I can (on moderation at OH so Gina is going to be doing those when she has a chance):

Steve's post to the Grads group:
I just got a phone call from Michelle. She reiterated that, although she has a lot on her plate to deal with, none of her issues are WLS related. She is concerned that, with all her medical appointments and days when she is not feeling up to par, people who need her advice will suffer because she is so far behind with her email. So, she asked me to let people know that they can reach her at: 253-848-5118

This number will ring in the Vitalady office, and the office staff will either connect you with Michelle or take a message if she is not available at the moment.

Thanks,

--Steve (via iPad 2)
Swinging lizards for Michelle. I would be a "gray ghost" if it weren't for Vitalady. Thank goodness she hit the boards here when I was still in my first year post-op and struggling with low lab levels.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

rbb825
on 2/26/12 5:24 pm - Suffern, NY
I have been trying to find this post all week but am a little confused - you said it isnt' weight loss surgery related but the original post says it is an Intuseption (SP??)  Isnt' that a complication from WLS?  I thought that is very dangerous - on rare occasion will go away on its own but usually need immediates surgery?  Am I thinking of something else?  I thought it was similar to an internal hernia which is what causes all my problems last winter along with a bowel obstruction but I think the internal hernia came first.

let me know how she is and what is going on -someone on the RNY posted in the past day or 2 asking how she is and noone has replied yet

MajorMom
on 2/26/12 5:44 pm - VA
She's always had the condition as did her mother. So, she and her docs are not connecting it to her WLS. The stress she's been under has just made it much worse. I haven't heard anything new this past week...just keeping her in my thoughts and prayers.

--g

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny