Self pay. Dr. Ungson recommendations?

tk75
on 2/13/12 12:42 pm
 So I found out today my ins does not cover WLS at all, so now I am considering using Dr Ungson. Has anyone used him for their DS and would like to share their experiences with him, the hosptial and prices? Thanks. any information would be much appreciated.

Valerie G.
on 2/14/12 4:42 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
 I'm sure you'll get some real-life experiences shared, but I've heard nothing but terrific things about him and his operation there.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

zuzupetals2u2
on 2/14/12 5:27 am - Sedona, AZ
 someone from here is having surgery from him today- (Donna aka usandall.) Once she is recovered I am sure she would be happy to talk to you about it all. 

1985 Verticle Banded Gastroplasty to DS revision 2010     sw 280 gw 140 cw 188 hw 360

“If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.?
Winnie the Pooh

goodkel
on 2/16/12 12:16 am, edited 2/16/12 1:19 am
On February 13, 2012 at 8:42 PM Pacific Time, tk75 wrote:  So I found out today my ins does not cover WLS at all, so now I am considering using Dr Ungson. Has anyone used him for their DS and would like to share their experiences with him, the hosptial and prices? Thanks. any information would be much appreciated.

Here's a bit of my review:

....But, from the first, the care and attention I received was far superior to anything I have ever experienced or witnessed here in the States. I arrived on a Sunday and Dr. Ungson came to my hospital room with his six year old son to meet me.I had a team of four doctors all of whom visited me no less than three times a day.

I developed nausea one night after 11pm and thought I'd be screwed until the doctors made their first rounds the next morning. But, my nurse didn't hesitate to get the doctor on the phone right away to authorize meds for me.

I had severe nausea (a reaction to the anesthesia) for three days following surgery. Dr. Ungson chose to go back in laparoscopically at midnight (rather than wait any longer) to look things over just in case. I wasn't charged for this second operation.

I developed breathing problems following the second surgery which required that I stay in the hospital an additional 4 days. I was charged a total of $100.00 a day for this extended stay--just slightly more than the cost of the hotel room.

When the nurses changed shifts, both all the incoming and all the outgoing nurses made rounds together to each patient. They all carried little notebooks and shared what info they had on me with each other. No ball was dropped because a shift changed. No medicine missed because a nurse hadn't had time to read my chart and note a change.

Pressing the call button brought instant attention. When they changed my support hose, they gave me a little leg and foot massage. They braided my wet hair when I got out of the shower. They smiled all the time, warm, genuine smiles. I had neglected to pick up a long distance phone card and Lourdes, Dr. Ungson's nurse, lent me a cell phone with international calling capabilities to use for free for the duration of my hospital stay....

To find the rest of my review, go here: www.obesityhelp.com/member/goodkel/
ArielSanders
on 2/16/12 1:27 am - houston, TX
Had a revison to Dudedenal swith with him 7/22/08 at about 260 to 273 lbs..not sure why I didnt weight myself beforehand.

I live at 169 to 180 basically,

Prices: because mines was a revison he charged 16,000 insted of the 11,000 i think unreviosners pay..Plus the cost of Hotel and flight to Hermosillo. LOL, food wasnt much.

It was totally worth it. Do it! Whatever it cost.

It was he best decision Ive made in years.
Lori F.
on 5/9/12 3:43 am - Chula Vista, CA
 I'm going to use Dr. Ungson too, I think. Have you decided anything?
Pre-band highest weight: 244
Pre-band surgery weight: 233
Lowest: 199 ( for, like, a day)
CW:
260 (yes, with the band!) 
Current Fill: 5cc in 10cc band
BMI: 49