Lost almost 150 lbs but still the insecure fat girl in my head

kiwicat
on 2/14/12 4:16 am - Knoxville, TN
I completely understand where you are coming from. I have the "head issues" as well and can't reconcile the new thinner me with the old fat me. I finally decided to try counseling to help me deal with the other changes that occur when you go through a huge weight loss. I lost 212 pounds and it still blows my mind. I don't even recognize myself sometimes and then I at times feel like I have a worse body image now than I did when I was SMO. At least then I knew I looked bad and now I just see the skin and saggy girls and realize I can't get that fixed at the moment. But hang in there - I think one thing that thrills me at this point is I finally got to where I could buy clothes from any store that I wanted and that was a totally new experience for me. I have never been able to do that even as a teenager so that is one bonus.
fullhousemom
on 2/14/12 8:42 am
Hey everyone!  I was always overweight, but was always ignorant to the fact of how much I was overweight.  I was the obese person living in denial in a "I'm just big boned" body.  My thought processes have always been a little different than yours. 

I was regularly called a "blimp" by some kids in junior high. It was horrible. But my freshman year in high school, I said to myself, "Wait a minute. I'm not a bad person. I don't lie. I don't steal. I don't make fun of other kids.  I am REALLY not a bad person!".    I had let a small group of junior high kids shape how I felt about myself!  It turned out to be one of my life's great learning experiences.   I was on court my senior year.....no one could have ever imagined that the fat girl with the C average could have come so far. And I had a 3.5 gpa too!

I thInk if you look back you will find a small group who caused you great damage. My friends and I dont judge people by how they look. I have friends of all sizes. Judging anyone based on how they look is a junior-high thing practiced by those who have too many insecurities themselves!

Remember, true beauty is found within. It is in your heart.  Trust in the goodness of your heart. Love and forgive others the way you want to be loved and forgiven.  Focus on that, and I have to think the fat girl image will happily disappear!  Best wishes!