Question on vitamin

Karla N.
on 2/11/12 11:47 pm, edited 2/11/12 11:52 pm
Ok here goes I have been doing pretty well but now if I get a sore it doesn't heal
I feel really good taking all my vitamins, 80 grams protein , and oh yea
I can't afford the $2,000 blood test
Also my toe nails are crumbly and won't grow
Does the less than 2% oil in the protein shake keep me from absorbing
The whole thing?

ThanksOh yea one thing I have lost my ability to handle mental stress and my memory
And concentration is horrendous

clpeltz
on 2/12/12 1:20 am
You MUST get in and get labs done. You knew this when you had this surgery. It is non-negotiable. You are obviously suffering from some major deficiencies and we are not going to be able to diagnose you here. When did you get your last lab check? What were those results? What supplements are you taking? If you can give us those answers we may be able to give you some suggestions.

RNY to DS Revision 4/29/2011
Dr. Henry Buchwald

"Think twice.....Cut ONCE"

MajorMom
on 2/12/12 1:39 am - VA
It doesn't sound like you're getting enough of the right kind of vitamins or your protein is so low you aren't able to utilize what you are taking. Try to boost that protein up to 120-150grams a day and even better if it's in the form of quality whey protein isolate powders like Syntrax Nectar, Champion Nutrition or IDS MultPro.

Are you taking vitamins according to Vitalady's plan or something else? Vitalady's DS plan: www.gblcreations.com/Resources/Gina/ProgramDRNY_ERNY_BPDDS3- 2010.pdf

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

MsBatt
on 2/12/12 2:19 am
This does NOT sound good. How long hs it been since you did have a full bloodwork done, and what did it say then?

Do you not have any health insurance? Many individual vitamin and mineral tests can be done on your own say-so,no doctor's orders needed, and you don't have to have the whole $2000 done at once---but you REALLY need to get them done as soon as possible.

Post EXACTLY what you're taking, and we'll try to help. You need to be very specific---for instance, give us the name of the multi you're taking, how many you're taking, what calcium, iron, A, D, etc.---AND how you're spacing them out during the day. Some things should be taken with other things, and some things should NEVR be taken with something else.

I know it's complicated, but that's the price we pay for the benefits of the DS>