Help with Fibre

Jennywren55
on 2/10/12 11:34 pm - United Kingdom
 Dear All, I hope you can help with a problem I am having.  I had a DS i***** later that year found out I had breast cancer and had chemotherapy and radiotherapy and didnt lose the full amount of weight I thought I would due to the steroids I had to take witht he chemo.  Over the years I have lost around 9 stone.

For the past year I have had problems with diverticulitis and 2 days ago had an endoscopy where it was discovered I had two holes in my lower bowel but not sure if this was the diverticulitis as I was quite drowsey.  I have been on a protien diet and just taking in 60 grams of carbs daily and find this is great for my weight loss, but after having the endoscopy I was told I had to start to get in lots of fibre into my diet, but this means more carbs, can anyone suggest anything or have you been through something similar.  Any information will be of help.  Thank you.  Joyce

MajorMom
on 2/11/12 12:34 am - VA
This is an important question and I hope you get some answers. Please check your personal messages.

--g

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Jennywren55
on 2/13/12 4:29 am - United Kingdom
 Hi, I have been given the answer to my question regarding fibre by scientists I work with, the best way to get fibre into my diet without taking in too many carbs are by having flax seeds.  I was also given a link to a great site outlining how much fibre adults need in their diet daily.  I hope it will be of help to some of you.

regards

Jennywren55
Jennywren55
on 2/13/12 4:31 am - United Kingdom
 Ooops, sorry the link is as follows :  http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/reference_fiber.asp
lexusmn
on 2/13/12 1:16 pm - Forest Lake, MN
Have you tried Flax seeds/meal, or even chia seeds. Both help to get rid of waste in the intestines as well as provide you with many many amazing benefits....

Jennywren55
on 2/14/12 3:00 am - United Kingdom
 Dear Lexusmn

Thank you so much for your input regarding Chia seeds, I had never heard of them but looked on the internet earlier today and think they should do the trick and ordered myself some .  They are superfoods so they should be good for me anyway.  I have told people I work with about them and I think a few more people have been converted to Chia seeds.

Thank you once again, that was a great help.

Regards

Joyce