Excess Skin

SukieSookie
on 2/12/12 1:39 am
I'm currently in the process of finding a Dr. to do a revision from the band to the DS. I didn't lose much with my band, thus no loose skin. I'm hoping to lose more with the DS and I was wondering if there's any way to minimize the loose skin from fast weight loss.  I know I will have some and probably need a tuck here and there, but I'd like to keep it at a minimum.

Thanks for any advice!

Susan 
newyorkbitch
on 2/12/12 2:06 am
Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do.  Age and genetics and gravity are what they are.  Count on having loose skin - the degree of that loose skin will be what it will be. 

fullhousemom
on 2/12/12 8:21 am
 I think a lot depends on your pre DS body weight and your body shape. I dont think I'm going to need plastics (knock on wood). Goal is to lose 100 lbs and my excess weight was pretty much distributed evenly everywhere. 

Most people have commented that your skin will be more loose early on but will get better with time.   How much better depends on the factors above. 
newyorkbitch
on 2/12/12 9:29 am, edited 2/12/12 9:36 am
It gets worse with time.  Age and gravity.

In any case,  there's nothing you can do about it.

Renfairewench
on 2/12/12 10:44 am
Susan,
I live in Phillipsburg (NJ)!  So not so very far from you. 

Having said that I will tell you that you will not find in the ABE area any doctor to do a revision from a band to a DS. In fact, you won't even find a surgeon to do a DS, unless something has radically changed recently. 

You can go out to the Wilke Barre area (can't remember the doctor's name, but I'm sure someone will pipe in with it), or you could go see Dr. David Greenbaum in Willingboro, NJ.  If you do find a DS doctor in the area please do let me know.

Warmly,
Maddie

HW (pre RNY) 430 HW (pre DS) 302 / SW 288 /
                          Lowest weight 157 / CW 161
GW 150
                "I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight"

SukieSookie
on 2/12/12 11:19 am, edited 2/12/12 11:20 am
 Hi Maddie, 
No there are no doctors here in the ABE area who do the DS at all. The two doctors I am debating between are Dr. Bonanni In Warminster and a doctor at  Mt. Sinai in NY. (I forget his name at the moment) I have had many people (esp drs here) try to talk me out of the DS but I truly think it's the right surgery for me. I'm so upset I even had this band in in the first place and can't wait to get it out. It would be great to eat normal food and not  puke every day. Then I depend on slider foods because that's all that will go down.

Thanks everyone for the answers, as well.

Susan
Renfairewench
on 2/12/12 11:28 am
 I am not surprised you are trying to be talked out of a DS. Afterall, we are the step children of the WLS world. 

If you want to, perhaps we could meet?  Hubby and I go Contra Dancing at the UU church Bethlehem a couple times a month. It's easy, and a lot of fun. Perhaps you'd like to go?  

Maddie

HW (pre RNY) 430 HW (pre DS) 302 / SW 288 /
                          Lowest weight 157 / CW 161
GW 150
                "I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight"

Sean M.
on 2/13/12 10:52 pm - Telford, PA
On February 12, 2012 at 7:19 PM Pacific Time, SukieSookie wrote:
 Hi Maddie, 
No there are no doctors here in the ABE area who do the DS at all. The two doctors I am debating between are Dr. Bonanni In Warminster and a doctor at  Mt. Sinai in NY. (I forget his name at the moment) I have had many people (esp drs here) try to talk me out of the DS but I truly think it's the right surgery for me. I'm so upset I even had this band in in the first place and can't wait to get it out. It would be great to eat normal food and not  puke every day. Then I depend on slider foods because that's all that will go down.

Thanks everyone for the answers, as well.

Susan
Dr B did both my wife & I (DS not rev.) we are happy with the results.

HW/356 SW/356 CW/164GW/205
zix
on 2/12/12 1:29 pm - PA
DS on 02/13/12
On February 12, 2012 at 6:44 PM Pacific Time, Renfairewench wrote:
Susan,
I live in Phillipsburg (NJ)!  So not so very far from you. 

Having said that I will tell you that you will not find in the ABE area any doctor to do a revision from a band to a DS. In fact, you won't even find a surgeon to do a DS, unless something has radically changed recently. 

You can go out to the Wilke Barre area (can't remember the doctor's name, but I'm sure someone will pipe in with it), or you could go see Dr. David Greenbaum in Willingboro, NJ.  If you do find a DS doctor in the area please do let me know.

Warmly,
Maddie
 You're thinking of Dr. Peters in the Scranton area. Unfortunately, my understanding is that he is no longer practicing due to ill health. So yeah, closest to Allentown would be Greenbaum or one of the Abington dr's (Bonnani or Antanavicius). I know for sure Greenbaum does revisions, not sure about Abington though?
Panda ..
on 2/13/12 3:39 am