your favorite chocolate protein drink?(checking in too)

Mel_Ga
on 2/12/12 1:17 am
I am using EAS from Walmart and want to make a Vitalady order today and was thinking that people had said good things about the Champion brand.  I only like Chocolate, but wish I liked more because chocolate bothers my bladder!

I have been away, but doing well.  I am on a stall that I don't know how to fix, but who knows..the scales might move tomorrow, right?  I can't complain.  I can wear a medium in Walmart workout clothes and I was in XL(maybe even a size bigger for comfort in fitted tops) 7 months ago.  I think my weight is lower than my skinny husband's finally:) 

I need to work on protein!  I try to drink one shake a day and more than that makes my bladder crazy.  I eat as much protein as I can, but need encouragement to calculate how much I am getting.  Remind me of the amount I should be getting?  Is it 90?  How many grams of carbs a day are ok?

Thanks, Mel

MajorMom
on 2/12/12 1:33 am - VA
Hi, Mel. Good to see you. I like to use IDS MultiPro vanilla-cinnamon protein powder, it's pretty versatile if you want to put coffee or chai tea on top of it.

You want to get a minimum of 100 grams of protein but your labs can tell you if that's enough. You want your protein serum close to or at 7, albumin in the 4's and prealbumin near the top of the range.

You want to keep carbs at or below 50 per day and I used net carbs rather than total carbs. Subtract sugar alcohol grams and fiber grams to get a rough net carbs count. Once you hit goal maintenance you can start adding a few more complex carbs into the mix.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

SweetnessandGrace
on 2/12/12 3:01 am - ID
Have you tried Premium chocolate ready-to-drink from Costco?  I don't know were else it's available.  30 g of whey protein and it tastes like chocolate milk, to me anyway!

HEAVEN IS THE PLACE WHERE YOU GO TO MEET ALL THE DOGS YOU HAVE LOVED.

NoreenRT
on 2/12/12 6:57 am - Warner Robins, GA
my vote is for champion pure whey stack .... chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry.  i have used it for over 2 years.
lots of vets who like champion also swear by the banana scream or cookies and cream.  not my favorite.
i also like syntax orange as well. 

Noreen  HW 352 / SW 324 / CW 175/ LW/ 148 / GW 150   (achieved Aug 14 '11)

mylittleblackdress
on 2/12/12 8:18 am - FL
I like Syntrax Nectar Sweets Chocolate Truffle the best.
Lisa
ladydi1970
on 2/12/12 10:52 am - GA
This may be a no no,, and I'm may get my hand slapped, but I've been using the 20g protein slim fast premade ones.

i love the stuff.  I use it for protein only, not the "diet" part.  But i do have to admit, that it does help with my appetite.

Whey does bad bad things to me.  I gave about $80 of that stuff to Lori here on the board.  I've used egg protein before. 

I'm with you....anything with Chocolate has my vote!

Diana   DS Revision from '99 RNY 
UHC Denied Jan'09/APPROVED Feb'09 
DS-SW287; CW/190 GW/152

Nannette
on 2/12/12 11:11 pm, edited 2/12/12 11:12 pm - Toms River, NJ
I hate having to mix my protein shakes and have tried most of the RTD ones out there.  My current favorite is a replacement for the old Achieve drinks that are no longer made.  Bariatric Eating's "Believe Mocha Latte" --

Yes, I know many believe that Susan of the BE site has 'sold out' - but I can't fault anyone for trying to increase their business.  And, yes, I know that they are coffee-based; hence have cafeine.  Yes, I know that just like Achieve, they are often back-ordered.  Having said all that, just putting in my contribution to the discussion.

Hugs,
Nannette

Nannette
Lap RNY 6/16/03
Revise to DS 8/15/11