Dr. Bonnani

SukieSookie
on 2/9/12 9:11 am
He's in Warminster PA, I've read his reviews in the review section but I was wondering if anyone here has had him personally and what you thought of him. How successful was your surgery?

Thanks!

Susan

imok2863
on 2/10/12 12:00 am - worcester, PE
I can not answer on how successful my surgery was yet.... Dr. Bonnani is doing my DS on Tuesday the 14th. They have a very nice staff that have been more than helpful through my journey. Dr. Bonnani was very open and honest and answer all the question I had and explain all my option to make sure I could make a good decision.
They have a support group that meets on the third Tuesday of every month at 7pm it is in the Abington Hospital. The DS'ers that I have meet there seems to be very happy with there surgery.

Blank Out
on 2/10/12 12:51 am
 There are many of us Abington folks here!  Dr. B and and Dr. G both do the DS at Abington.  All of us DSrs have a very good track record.  Supprt group meets monthly, and all the DSrs meet at Chili's down the road for the REAL support after the metting is over.  Both great surgeons!  You will do fine.  Also, Abington if a very good hospital!   

HW/ 302  SW/287  CW/140  GW/135

Renfairewench
on 2/12/12 10:45 am

*This*

Like!

HW (pre RNY) 430 HW (pre DS) 302 / SW 288 /
                          Lowest weight 157 / CW 161
GW 150
                "I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight"

NoreenRT
on 2/10/12 10:55 am - Warner Robins, GA
Dr B did my ds almost 3 years ago. The staff is always very nice. Dr's B & G are wonderful , talented and gifted surgeons. 
dr b performed a non weight related proceedure on me 2 yrs ago and i was amazed at his skills.
the nut in their office can be a little frustrating.  she doesn't believe in the ds diet and will talk to you about low fat eating.  just smile, nod then attend a support meeting and hook up with the dsers. they usually sit in the back left side of the room and go out to eat after the meeting.
you will gain so much more info going out to dinner with them. 

Noreen  HW 352 / SW 324 / CW 175/ LW/ 148 / GW 150   (achieved Aug 14 '11)

zix
on 2/10/12 9:57 pm, edited 2/10/12 10:01 pm - PA
DS on 02/13/12
I agree with Noreen. Even though I ultimately decided to have my surgery with Dr. Greenbaum, I thought the Drs at Abington were pretty good. I saw their NUT 3 times and it was pretty much a waste of time and money but it's a necessary hurdle you have to jump through. Come to the support group meeting and then out to Chili's down the street afterwards. It's probably a bit of a drive for you from Allentown, but worth it imho. (I'm not too far from you in Pottstown, btw)
Bronwen
on 2/11/12 7:54 am - Wilmington, DE
 I'm not a Bonnani patient, but I live close and know a bunch of PA DSers.  I considered him for my follow-up visits, as my surgeon moved too far away and Bonnani was closer, but his NUTs don't know squat about the DS.  I ultimately decided to drive 3 hours to NYC once a year to see a colleague of my original surgeon because my NUT there is top-notch.

If you go with Bonnani's office, steer clear of the NUTs and make sure you hook up with PADS like Tom, Sarah B, and Ginger (just to name a few).  They know what's up.
sw:298/cw:152/no goal set
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

"Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open."  --J.K. Rowling,  Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

SweetAsHoney25
on 2/11/12 5:59 pm
Absolutely love, love, love, Dr. B. He performed my surgery 3 years ago, and I highly recommend him. I actually recommended a few people to him, and they have since had the surgery as well.

My daughter had the DS surgery as well, but Dr. G peformed hers, and she is doing wonderful. I have recommended several people to him as well, two have had it done already, and the other is having hers at the end of the month.

The have had nothing but nice things to say about the whole staff, and are very pleased with their surgeries.

The people that I recommended and have had the surgery or are yet to have the surgery, have nothing but nice things to say about the whole staff, and are very pleased with the results of their surgeries. I have nothing but nice things to say about both doctor's. The are both very talented physicians, and you will not be disappointed with either of them.

I love the staff there, a few of them I got to know very well, and I can truly say that I have never had a bad experience with anyone there. There are very helpful and friendly.
SukieSookie
on 2/12/12 1:41 am
 Sweetashoney,
Did you have a lot of success with your weight loss. If you don't mind sharing may I ask how much you lost? If you dont' want to share I understand.

Thanks,
Susan
amccu18007
on 5/1/12 9:43 am - Newark, DE
Loved Dr. B and all of the PA DS'rs. I had an easy surgery and recovery and am almost 2 years out.
  Amanda
SW 269    CW 135.6  GW 140