HUGE success story

Tarragon
on 2/9/12 6:00 am, edited 2/9/12 6:01 am
I don't post much on here anymore (and never as myself) because of personal issues, but I love y'all.

Just thought I'd check in with my success story.

Before DS, I was 420 lbs.  I couldn't stand up for more than a minute or so without severe back pain, I would get completely winded and be on the verge of collapse just walking a few hundred feet to the bathroom at work, and my blood pressure was so high it felt like my neck was going to burst.  I did shopping online because though I could manage a few minutes of grocery shopping if I had a cart to hold on to, I would be sweating like a glass of icewater in a steam room--I'd be drenched and smelly by the time I got to check-out.  Humiliating!

With DS, I expected to reach 250, and my goal was 220.  My hope was that I could get down to 200, and my dream was to get to 180.

Here I am at 173, and a BMI of 22.2, without exercising at all or restricting my diet other than avoiding carbs at the first two meals of the day.  The success went beyond even my wildest dreams!

Now, I'm not bragging about not exercising--I am not proud of my laziness.  I know I need to exercise in order to maintain my health, and I am working on building up the motivation to do it.  I'm only mentioning I don't exercise as a testomony to the power of DS--what other weight loss surgery can return someone from super-morbidly obese to a NORMAL BMI without them doing any exercise or dieting??

Thanks to everyone for your support and for sharing your knowledge and experiences with me.  You have made my experience much easier and I thank you all so much for that.  :-)
Van5150
on 2/9/12 6:08 am
Hi and thank you for sharing. When did you have the DS ?

Tarragon
on 2/9/12 6:25 am
I had it in April, 2010.
nightowl
on 2/9/12 8:25 am - Topeka, KS
That is awesome indeed! 
-Amanda-
on 2/9/12 8:46 am
That is so awesome,
I had my DS December 12th and have lost 26 pounds only still at a stand still , i called my Dr. and they said i need vigorous eExercise , iam eating to much etc., I hope i can say the same some Day . You go !!!
:)
-Amanda-
on 2/9/12 1:12 pm
My Dr. is Engstrand from Milwaukee.
 Yeah im hoping things change soon.
Fade2Pink
on 2/10/12 12:53 am - Salt Lake City, UT
Congratulations!  What a life changing experience this must be for you!  I am one that has a hard time getting motivated to excercise.  It has caused me some issues, not severe, but with my fat, I lost a lot of muscle and am not as strong as I used to be, for instance I can't move the stupid couch anymore to vacuum under it!

Continued success and good health to you.
Duodenal Switch 4/29/09
Loving my DS!!

allraindrops
on 2/10/12 6:12 am
Wow! That's fantastic!

So you avoid all carbs for the first two meals of the day and then allow yourself carbs for dinner? Interesting system and sounds pretty sustainable....do you do shakes too?
Banded in March 2006, lost 15 and regained 20 lbs, revision to DS on December 19, 2011. Looking forward to loserland!

Updated: Starting weight 260 lbs, current weight 168 lbs (June 6, 2012)....I love my DS!

Tarragon
on 2/10/12 6:14 am
Thanks!

I don't usually do shakes.  I try to get 50 grams of protein at breakfast, 50 grams at lunch then I just make sure I get some protein at dinner.
zix
on 2/10/12 6:44 am - PA
DS on 02/13/12
wow stories like yours are so encouraging, thanks for sharing!