I didn't predict this hurdle when I had surgery

Generic User_Name
on 2/7/12 11:27 pm
 Becky,

Sorry to hear about your dilema.  

I agree that you might want to look at finding someone affiliated with a teaching hospital.

Valerie G.
on 2/7/12 4:20 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
 Since you have insurance, seek their assistance with this.  I don't think they would take very kindly to their practitioners refusing away their customers.  There's gotta be someone out there eager to learn something new.  My PCP ate up the information I shared with her.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Generic User_Name
on 2/8/12 12:36 am
 Becky,

How are things going with finding a new PCP??

gak
on 2/8/12 9:13 pm
Revision on 06/21/13
Would Dr Trippe, the endo not take you as patient ? He might also be able to refer you to a good GP

Ginger<><  
 Revision #2 Dr John Rabkin June 21, 2013; First Revision DS - Dr Maguire
  5-18-09; First DS 7-15-2003 Dr Clark Warden = Third time is the charm   

AundreaSmith
on 2/15/12 10:04 am - Caledonia, MI
DS on 03/12/12
Becky,

Have you checked with the hospital where you want your physician affiliated with?   Sometimes they will have a list of physician's who practice in their facility.  Check their website and see if they have a listing, it's a possibility.   

I am sorry you are having such a hard time.  I have been on this journey for years now, first physician didn't support the surgery option, second physician told me to get a "low calorie" cookbook and start there.  Go figure, I called my insurance myself and got the ball rolling WITHOUT his help and now my surgery is scheduled for next month.

Keep fighting, there are good doctors out there...they are just very hard to find.  And obviously just because they graduated first in their class....they missed the semester in "Bedside Manners".

Best Wishes...

A.

HW: 404/ SW: 380/  GW: 155

Most Active