Multi-vitamin and ADEK

larra
on 2/2/12 11:39 pm - bay area, CA
ADEK's sound so good, but the amount of each component is so small as to be totally inadequate.

This doesn't mean you have to spend your whole day taking pills. I take a batch first thing in the am, separate doses of calcium during the day (3 times in addition to the am dose), and a few more pills at bedtime. That's it. My labs are good, so it works for me.
    But if you take the wrong forms of vitamins and calcium, or not enough, you WILL get into trouble, so get the right stuff from Vitalady, follow your labs, and you'll find a system that works for YOU. Make sure you take the "dry" form of all the fat soluble vitamins, and the citrate form of calcium. Make sure you know what a "dose" of calcium is - most brands have 2 pills as the dose, not one. The exception is Bariatric Advantage calcium citrate lozenges, which are 500 mg each, which is what I use, but you can use calcium citrate pills from CostCo or a drug store and do just fine as long as you take 2 at a time.
    So all this will take some learning and planning on your part, and it's a shame that most surgeons don't provide adequate info, but this is the reality. As long as you accept this reality and deal with it appropriately, you'll be fine.

Larra