Can anyone help me please? I could really use it right now.

Twi light
on 1/31/12 2:00 am - NY
You may want to try to eat less processed items as well. that makes it easier to avoid carbs.

You could for example just eat protein + whatever veggies you want , you would still get carbs from the veggies but they are sort of self limiting in that you are unlikely to eat 300grams of carbs from veggies.

Eating less processed is good overall, regardless of surgery.

The chip habit  i would try to eliminate, make some kale chips instead or get toasted seaweed from Trader Joes- really just acknowlding that you have this bad habit doesnt make it okay. I would NOT eat that stuff.  Also you need to find alternatives to the bread and pasta you love- they cant really be a major component of your eating anymore- it is okay to have some occasionally but daily? Try shiratake noodles , quiche type pizzas, and other low cab varities of your favorite foods- it is time to adjust your eating habits.

SweetAsHoney25
on 1/31/12 3:13 am
Hi Twi light!

I know, my chip habit is really bad, as well as the bread and pasta. I did just get a recipe for spaghetti squash that I can't wait to try. I love Kale too. I didn't know they made chips out of it though. Is Trader Joes the only place to get them? What is Shiratake noodles, and where can I get those?

Doesn't quiche have breading underneath, or is it all eggs? Never had quiche before, but I am willing to try it.

I so regret not checking this site daily for recipes and advice sooner, but its okay, because I have now and I have recieved such wonderful advice and suggestions that I am going to follow. I can't keep living and eating this way. I hate what it is doing to me. I haved missed days from work because of this, but no more. Thanks to all of you *****sponded. I so, so, appreciate it.

Bonnie
MsBatt
on 1/31/12 12:26 pm
Definitely look into the bacterial overgrowth thing. I recently had a round of antibiotics for a different cause, and as a prventative measure I loaded up on the probiotics. I didn't even think of myself as having any 'bowel issues', but I pleasantly surprised at the change afterwards. (I honestly think I went a week without farting ONCE!)

catdad6
on 2/2/12 1:07 am
Hello
I am almost a year out.
I think you may have too many simple carbs (like sugar and pasta) and too much fat in the diet.  Fat passes through us and there are a lot of hidden sources. Crackers have a lot of fat, cheese has fat (unless it's no-fat but then you get a sodium load). How much peanut butter do you eat when you have that? I've had problems with that as well. Leave out the butter from the oatmeal. Peanuts have fat, granola bars can have a lot of fat for their size.

Try keeping an online food diary that you can use to monitor things like fat and carbs.  I use one on my smart phone and it's one of the best things I've done.  I do eat some carbs but i limit them to complex carbs and whole grains mainly.

I limit my whole eggs too. For example I use 1 whole egg and .25 cup of all whites when i have eggs. This cuts the fat level. Other days I have oatmeal with greek yogurt on the side. On the oatmeal i only put a little cinamon and about .5 oz of plain pecans.

When I indulge in fatty  foods is when I have the problems you decribe. I have done that but I consider it aversion therapy now :-)

Most Active
Smelly gas
1Mari_sunflower · 3 replies · 64 views
Recent Topics
Smelly gas
1Mari_sunflower · 3 replies · 64 views
Old timer dropping by! (2006)
maryc543 · 6 replies · 719 views
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 1473 views