Need to make a decision...

huggers33
on 1/27/12 2:44 pm - Windsor, Canada
Hi, I am new to this message board.  I  had my VSG on September 22, 2011 and have lost a total of 113 lbs, but have been on a stall for over 2 weeks now.  I am unable to exercise due to doctors restrictions, and I am getting discouraged that I am not losing faster.
I have over 220 lbs more to lose to be where the doctor would like to see me.  I have researched the DS, but am still unsure if this will be the right choice for me, or if I should just see what I can accomplish with the sleeve.
How long after VSG do I have to wait for the DS?  I am seeing others who have had the VSG looking amazing, and I still see myself and I am freaking huge!  Not many people, including myself, can see where I lost the 113 lbs from.
Some info from those of you who have had the DS and success or failures would be greatly appreciated.
MajorMom
on 1/27/12 5:14 pm - VA
Many of the folks have left OH and are now on a private Facebook group or on a private proboards site.

What I have seen is that folks who get the sleeve portion of the DS first, get the switch portion around a year after (plus or minus), if the DS was their original goal. You can start some research on www.dsfacts.com . There is a list of vetted DS surgeons if you want to reach out to a couple of them.

Let me know if you want the links to the other site and group I mentioned above.

--g

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

mrsannie
on 1/27/12 8:59 pm
 I would love it if you could post some!

Thanks!

Nothing will change if you don't have the courage to change it!
      And stop calling me "Shirley!"    
MajorMom
on 1/27/12 10:19 pm - VA
Sending you a PM

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

huggers33
on 1/28/12 10:55 am - Windsor, Canada