Colorado Omelet from IHOP???? Workout/Diet people

ladydi1970
on 1/27/12 4:50 am, edited 1/27/12 5:30 am - GA
OK peeps...

I've got about 27 lbs to lose (regain) and I'm working out... (Brazillian Butt Lift RULES by the way!)

So my question to you workout... losing regain peeps... is...

For the Colorado Omelet from IHOP...
Calories  1120
Fat Calories  740
Total fat  82
Sat Fat  33
Trans Fat 0
Chol  910
Sodium 2240  (wow!!)
Carbs  24
Fiber 3
Sugar 10
PROTEIN........71!!
maybe a little different because I had them to add extra cheddar cheese.

is this too many calories??  For some people, this is more calories than what they eat all freaking day!

Now, I had this for breakfast and lunch (took me all day to eat).

I know that protein to carbs ratio is ok, but with me having to lose regain, I have to ask.

I just don't know how to "diet" with the DS, when needing to lose.

Any rule of thumb????

***Edited for spelling

Diana   DS Revision from '99 RNY 
UHC Denied Jan'09/APPROVED Feb'09 
DS-SW287; CW/190 GW/152

DotNetLee
on 1/27/12 6:10 am - TX
 The thing to watch out for with omelets from IHOP is that they put pancake batter in the mix to fluff it up.  If you're like me and sensitive to white flour this can really mess you up!  You can ask them to hold the pancake batter, but after one episode of them obviously forgetting, I don't trust 'em anymore.

Also, the pancake batter is just unnecessary carbs.  I used to love the colorado omelet. Now I avoid all omelets at IHOP like the plague.

ladydi1970
on 1/27/12 7:48 am - GA

I do consider myself sensitive to white flour, but I'm happy to report, not one problem! 

So now, once everyone gets home, and settled, hopefully some of the vets will chime in on this calorie thing.

Diana   DS Revision from '99 RNY 
UHC Denied Jan'09/APPROVED Feb'09 
DS-SW287; CW/190 GW/152

zuzupetals2u2
on 1/29/12 5:28 am - Sedona, AZ
 Most of us don't count or pay attention to calories. We focus on the protein grams and carbs more. You might want to start using the VITES & BITES thread that is here daily where people can get feedback on what they are eating.

I aim for about 120 grams protein and some like to keep their carbs below 50 for the day to lose faster. I personally get too anxious when my carbs are that low so I try to keep them down but not that far. It's best to aim for complex carbs like vegs tho when you are in the losing phase.

Frankly I dont write anything down so just keep a running tab in my head. There are some good sites tho to keep track online and itemize & category everything and it's a good idea if you need that. It keeps you aware! (That always helped me on Weigh****chers I recall.) BY doing that too I have heard some say they eat 3,000 calories a day and only 1,500 are absorbed.  Some get into calculating the fats & carbs & protein and get very analytical with the numbers but I don't take the time to do it.

Why would IHOP put pancake mix in an omelet? EEEEK

1985 Verticle Banded Gastroplasty to DS revision 2010     sw 280 gw 140 cw 188 hw 360

“If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.?
Winnie the Pooh

zuzupetals2u2
on 1/29/12 5:30 am - Sedona, AZ
 you can fluff up eggs for an omelet by whisking them in a copper bowl like the chefs do and not need pancake batter for that!

1985 Verticle Banded Gastroplasty to DS revision 2010     sw 280 gw 140 cw 188 hw 360

“If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.?
Winnie the Pooh

feeder3565
on 2/5/12 9:38 am
White flour dirt cheap, eggs are not so this is used as a filler. Pitifully that they do this.

catdad6
on 2/2/12 2:39 am
740 calories of FAT!? That leaves you with 380 calories of (fo lack of a better term) decent nutrition. A whole day (almost) of sodium. Even for two meals it seems like a lot of fat and sodium to me.

MsBatt
on 2/2/12 1:07 pm
What's IN the thing???

Here's the omlette I make at home:

Food Name Amount Unit Cals Fat (g) Carbs (g) Prot (g) Delete
Egg, whole, raw   143 9.9 0.8 12.6  
Onions, sweet, raw   9 0.0 2.1 0.2  
Pepper, sweet, green, raw   6 0.0 1.3 0.2  
Tomatoes, raw   33 0.4 7.1 1.6  
Cheese, Cheddar or American type   203 16.1 2.9 11.9  
Butter   204 23.0 0.0 0.2  
Pork sausage, fresh, raw   172 15.0 0.0 8.6