7 th week

-Amanda-
on 1/26/12 8:34 am
My Dr. is Engstrand from Milwaukee.

I get in my fluids ( not all in the form of plain water though)
and I am still only getting about 80grams of protein. This seams to be very hard for me .
I dont like ne of the protein drinks.
ewww.
im taking ADEK 3 x a day and a multy vitamin , vitamin d also.
Thanks
PatXYZ
on 1/26/12 11:17 am
Getting your protein in isn't about 'enjoying' it, it's about understanding that your body is only absorbing about 60% of the protein you take in, and without more of it you are risking protein malnutrition.

What about carbs? Carbs are usually the culprit with slow loss.

You should check-out Vitalady's supplement schedule for DSers as you are not taking near enough supplements. Where is your calcium and iron? ADEKS don't supply enough of these vitamins and they need to be adjusted seperately.
Sher Bear Mama
on 1/25/12 9:55 am
 I lost 21 or so pounds the first 2 weeks.  Then from week 2 until week 6 I didn't really lose anything.  But within the last week or so I've lost about 10 pounds (I'm 7 weeks out now).  I have heard that it is totally common for someone to sort of stall after the first 3 weeks--if you're worried and have the OK from your doctor, you might try doing a little walking or some other form of light exercise--that might boost your metabolism.  Also, I hardly ate the first 6 weeks after surgery--actually, I still hardly eat.  But when I picked up eating more, drinking more protein, etc. I saw some weight come off.  

Just a thought.

Good luck!

Sheri
Sher--the bear mama

rosmom1996
on 1/31/12 10:40 am - IN
After 3 weeks post op I stalled for another 3 1/2 weeks. I was convinced that my surgeon messed my surgery up and was going to be the only one that didn't lose from having the DS. Then after that time, it slowly started coming off. I've heard it's very normal.

-Amanda-
on 1/31/12 10:56 am
 how much have you lost since the surgery?
 how are you feeling ? 
Amanda
rosmom1996
on 1/31/12 9:27 pm - IN
I've lost a total of 46lbs. I started out at 330lbs. I lost 16lbs pre-op. In the first two weeks post op, I lost another 20lbs. Then I hit that plateau for about 3 1/2 weeks and nothing lost. All of the sudden, I finally started losing again and have lost another 12lbs in the last two weeks. But the plateau was so discouraging since I was used to failing at diets. Right now it seems that I will stay the same for a week to week and a half, then will lose a few more pounds. I will get there, I'm finally starting to have faith in the surgery!

-Amanda-
on 1/31/12 10:06 pm
 wow, That's great. 
I have begun to have faith in it yet.  im hoping soon this  will work.

-Amanda-
on 1/31/12 10:21 pm
 oops, Have not began to have faith yet in the DS.
This is my 8th week which means stalled for 6 weeks?
Not fun. scary.