Which protein from vitalady would be ideal post op?

usandall
on 1/24/12 3:20 pm
Dr Ungson email stated  I should purchase protein for my initial post op.  I am not sure I will use it however since I will be alone in Mexico I would rather go prepared any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thank you
MajorMom
on 1/24/12 6:27 pm - VA
You could order some samples from Vitalady of several to try and take with you. Ideas: unflavored to mix with pudding or soup or juice, Syntrax Nectar chocolate truffle and strawberry mousse, IDS MultiPro vanilla-cinnamon. You may be mixing these with water so don't expect too much regarding flavor. When you get home and can experiment, try mixing with Lactaid milk, soy or almond milk and finally with 1/2 & 1/2. Remember if you want a hot protein, mix it first with a cool liquid and add a warm liquid on top...blend. :)

--g

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

(deactivated member)
on 1/24/12 8:29 pm
What Gina said. I couldn't stand the taste of protein powder immediately post op so I focused more on eggs, cheeses, shaved deli meat, cottage cheese. I hated yogurt pre-op and have now found I love Oikos Greek yogurt. It's really funny how your tastes change post op.
PattyL
on 1/25/12 12:59 am
 Samples is the way to go.  No way to know for sure if you will be able to tolerate the stuff post-op.  For sure don't spend a lot buying big tubs of the stuff!
Valerie G.
on 1/25/12 1:25 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
 Don't stock up on any one item...trust me on this one.  Get a samplers pack of single servings in different brands and flavors.  Go to GNC or some other place with drink mixes and purchase single servings of each, and don't try anything until you are post op.  The reason I say this is that what tastes good today may taste like monkey butt as a post op.

I hated pretty much everything that wasn't real food, so I turned to a product called ProStat64, which wasn't much better, but packed 15g of protein in a little tiny ounce of monkey-butt.  I just held my nose and slammed it down, rinsed my mouth out and coated with peanut butter before I let go of my nose.  One offensive burp later, I was up 30g of protein (I downed 2oz at a time) on my count for the day and the family was amused at the grimace face I made in the process.

In my world, it sucked, but it sucked less...

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

usandall
on 1/25/12 9:47 am
Thank you both of your responses have been very helpfully.