Met with Dr Stewart...

(deactivated member)
on 1/24/12 9:55 am
I had my initial appointment with Dr. Daryl Stewart (Denton, TX) about two weeks ago. He was the kindest, most patient doctor I have encountered in a long time. He spent over an hour with me, explaining every detail. He was encouraging and non-judgemental.

He agreed that I am a good candidate for the Sleeve-to-DS revision.  My insurance will cover it, pending a few hoops to jump through.

I left his office feeling so comfortable with my decision, and very pleased to know that someone out there understands what I am feeling and experiencing.

I will keep y'all posted as my surgery date gets scheduled, etc. I have my endoscopy this Friday to determine the measurements of my Sleeve, and will go thru other diagnostic tests prior to the surgery.

I can't wait!!!!

Tina.D
on 1/24/12 10:28 am - TX
Congrats!!

Keep us posted

(deactivated member)
on 1/25/12 9:42 am
WOW, Tina you have certainly lost a lot of weight. I know you must be feeling very healthy and happy. Congratulations to you on all your hard work and accomplishments.

Donna
BeagleMama
on 1/24/12 10:35 am
Good job Donna! You found the best surgeon and will certainly benefit from all your good research. I am on tap for my DS on Feb 15th. I am excited and scared and everything rolled together. Keep us posted! Yay!
(deactivated member)
on 1/24/12 10:49 am
Thanks ladies! Appreciate the support.
BeagleMama - glad to hear you were very pleased with Dr. Stewart. Keep in touch, please.
Fo' Shizzle My Sizzle
on 1/24/12 11:41 am
Doctor stewart is great! Add me to the list of happy customers, I'm 1 year and one month out and just 8lbs from goal. There are a lot of other Dr. Stewart patients who are also vets, but they have moved to other boards, you may want to check those out too.
For great WLS info join me here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com and here www.dsfacts.com

(deactivated member)
on 1/25/12 9:41 am

OMG!!  You are one year out and going FABULOUS!  Good for you. Keep up the tremendous work.   

Please stay in touch.

Donna

gak
on 1/24/12 11:42 am
Revision on 06/21/13
 Congrats ! You are in good hands with Dr Stewart    Will save a spot on the losers bench !

Ginger<><  
 Revision #2 Dr John Rabkin June 21, 2013; First Revision DS - Dr Maguire
  5-18-09; First DS 7-15-2003 Dr Clark Warden = Third time is the charm   

(deactivated member)
on 1/25/12 9:39 am
Thanks Ginger. Looks like you are doing AWESOME!  Way-to-go! 
BeagleMama
on 1/25/12 6:02 am
Thanks Donna! I will definitely keep in touch!