Info on Drs. Wilson or Bonnor???

AmandaID
on 1/23/12 1:45 pm - Shoshone, ID
 Anyone have any advice about Dr. Erik Wilson (U of Texas Bariatric Surgery Center in Bellaire) or Dr. Ricardo Bonnor in Katy, Tx? Or heard of Spiegel or Davis taking Medicare? My dad is on disability because of his weight co-morbidities, and is therefore on Medicare for that, not for being 65 (he's only 57).    I know, I KNOW that Stewart in Denton is THE BEST in Texas, and I have tried telling my parents that, but my mom works in a very demanding position, and just can't get off work to take Dad clear to Dallas anytime soon. So please don't harp on me about that. I'm really hoping to find some/any info about the Houston-area docs. Anything you know -- good or bad -- please share so I can pass it on. (If there's enough bad, maybe she'll be able to talk her boss into letting her have time off to take him to Stewart after all lol.)

Amanda in ID
DS ~ Dec. 7, 2005, with Dr. Marchesini in Curitiba, Brazil
sw289/lw135/gw137/cw150
PS ~ June 6 & 19, 2008, with Dr. Kuster, Vila Velha, Brazil
check out my website at http://myweb.cableone.net/aeller5/DS/default.htm

Samaro ..
on 1/23/12 9:38 pm
Slim Shady and Ragamuffin have good information about the doctors you are asking about.  If they are no longer on this site and they miss this question you can find them, along with many old-timers, on one of the other weightloss surgery sites.
|
|
|
\/

GastricGirl09
on 1/24/12 2:36 am
I do NOT suggest Dr. Bonnor to anyone.
His staff as well as himself were horrible to me...
Back in 09 I went to him, did all pre op testing, said insurance was a go found out it wasnt, my husband ended up fighting the insurance company not his insurance girl who is paid to do so.
They are unprofessional and will lie to get you to pay office visits.
I did not get surgery with him....
After 3 years, I am paying CASH for my DS procedure.

I am a pt of Dr. Garth Davis.
His staff is professional as always willing to help.
He is a great doctor *****ally cares about his pts.

Dr. Garth Davis is with the Davis Clinic.
He and His father stared on the hit TLC show "Big Medicine."

Awesome, awesome doctors in their field.
cajungirl
on 1/24/12 3:05 am
I don't know Dr. Bonnor and would never recommend Dr. Spiegel for anything not even my worst enemy.

Dr. Wilson and Dr. Davis are well respected Bariatric Surgeons in Houston (I would trust them with my life for RNY and VSG) although as it relates to the DS I know little about.  I am aware Dr. Wilson has done some and just recently heard Davis was also.

I absolutely agree if I were doing the DS Dr. Stewart would be my only option. 

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

BeagleMama
on 1/24/12 10:05 am
I checked out Erik Wilson initially, and dropped that idea pretty quick. Things were way too unorganized for a traveler like me, and they did not have any info they could send me. This was in 2009. My understanding from the Davis group is that they are very pro-RNY, and I can get one of those next door. No thanks!

I referred myself to Dr. Stewart, and next month I finally get switched! My insurance is a self-insured pool, and no bariatric surgery or weight loss care was covered until 2011 - much to my joy!

I know your parents are facing hardships distance-wise, but I highly recommend Dr. Stewart, and he is very considerate of his traveling patients. I think he's the best I can find anywhere, and to find him only one state away feels like a huge blessing to me.

Good luck with your family's decision. There are several local DFW patients, both male and female. I am sure an angel for your dad can be found among them, if he chooses Dr. Stewart.
Schmatzi
on 1/24/12 11:01 am - TX
I will have my DS done with Dr. Wilson in less than two weeks from now. I didn't have any complaints with his staff and the entire process was pretty easy. Dr. Wilson itself is very nice I think and I completely trust him. He is doing alot more RNY than DS of course.
Most Active