Anyone have mouth tingles after eating sugar?

mrsannie
on 1/22/12 9:07 pm
This is strange...

Whenever I eat something sweet like a cupcake or something my mouth tingles, and I mean really tingles

I am 2 years out and my diabetes has resolved itself (along with so many other issues!) but now I get this strange sensation from sweets and I wonder if its from the Diabetes or just some strange reaction.  Anyone ever hear of this or have this reaction?

Thanks!

Nothing will change if you don't have the courage to change it!
      And stop calling me "Shirley!"    
(deactivated member)
on 1/23/12 5:26 am
 Hi, if the tingling is emediatly after you eat it I have no idea what is going on, but...
If it happens a bit later then I would say you are having a hypoglycemic (low blood suger) episode.
If that is the case, do like I have to do, stay away from simple carbs. Also what carbs you do eat allways have something with protein in it at that time. The protein helps you bloodsugar stay more stable,with out it, it can bottom out = hypoglycemic attack.
I've been hypoglycemic for many many years and I learned real quick to eat sugar only is NOT a good thing.
mrsannie
on 1/23/12 7:58 pm
 Wow I never thought of that!  The DS changes your body so much I guess anything is possible.  It does happen right after, and sometimes as I am still eating it.  I don't feel any different that I can recall.  It's definately from the simple sugar because that's the only time I seem to get it and it always when I eat something like a cupcake or a slice of cake, not usually if its a chocolate bar or something.

Is there anything I need to do besides staying away from simple carbs (which is a good idea anyway!)

Thanks.

Nothing will change if you don't have the courage to change it!
      And stop calling me "Shirley!"    
gak
on 1/23/12 9:04 am
Revision on 06/21/13
 That is strange. I have never had anything like that happen. Could have to do with hypoglycemia.

Ginger<><  
 Revision #2 Dr John Rabkin June 21, 2013; First Revision DS - Dr Maguire
  5-18-09; First DS 7-15-2003 Dr Clark Warden = Third time is the charm   

Most Active