Got a date! Excited and a little disappointed.

ms2mrsmyers
on 1/23/12 12:04 am - Terre Haute, IN
I finally got my surgery date this morning and while I am so excited to be at this point in my journey I am a little disappointed that my surgery isn't until June 6th. The scheduler said that Dr. Inman only does 1 DS per week and that if anyone cancels or postpones she will call me but I'm not going to hold my breath. Has anyone else had to wait this long for surgery after insurance approval? I don't want to sound ungreatful because I know I am very blessed to have insurance approval and a date with a great surgeon I just thought it would happen a bit sooner.
edwardtm
on 1/23/12 12:10 am - Dayton, OH
I would agree you are blessed.  I have seen so many people on here not able to get surgery or having a hard time.  I understand you wanting to rush but remember...the surgery is just a tool to help you lose the weight.  You need time to start getting your mind prepared for this journey.  Once you start you have to have yourself prepared if you want to suceed.  The surgery will only aid you but will not keep you from "falling off the wagon".. Take this time to prepare yourself.  Believe me, you will be glad you had this time.
Remember Weight Loss Surgery is a Tool.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wILpnWT/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wILpnWT/blk-weight.png[/img]
[/url]

shannn
on 1/23/12 12:20 am - Knoxville , TN
I had to wait 3 months from my approval to my surgery. It seemed like forever at the time, but I promise it will get here!! Just hang in there and know your whole life is going to change this summer!!
~shannon
"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams." ~E. Roosevelt

(Ticker includes 11 pounds lost in pre-op diet.) 

ms2mrsmyers
on 1/23/12 2:43 am - Terre Haute, IN
Thanks for the replies. I know I am blessed. I started this journey to approval and a date back in May of 2011 by chaging jobs to a hospital that offered insurance that covers bariatric surgery..so from start to fini**** will be just over a year and I can't complain about that. I was just disappointed because when I was approved I was told she was scheduling in march and now it's june, but I am thankful. Thanks for helping me stay focused on what is important.
Raven300
on 1/23/12 6:24 am
Once we do the research, go thru all the emotional and psychological stress of choosing surgery as a solution to our weight issues, and final decide upon the DS, it is only natural that we want the DS ASAP.  I think this is because, for so many of us, we finally have decided to start really LIVING and take control of our relationship with food/weight rather than be controlled by it.  Who can blame you for being impatient to start living the rest of your life?

I know it is really hard, but just try and stay zen about it.  

I have no patience. I only had to wait 2 months from the point that I selected my surgeon.  I worked on losing 20lbs before the surgery. I just kept thinking..."if 85% of my excess weight is lost via the DS, if I lose 20lbs pre-op then that means xxx post op".  I swear, I spent the 2 months calculating best and worst weight loss scenerios, looking up what size clothes that would put me in, and imagining what it would be like to be fit and healthy.

The important thing is that the DS IS GOING TO HAPPEN FOR YOU.  Soon your life willbe about living and not about waiting!  You are going to love be healthy.  

Good luck on your journey!
     HW-345,SW-300, CW-144lbs.  DS 5/11/10. 
     First round of plastics with Dr. LoMonaco 11/8/11  LBL, BL. 14lbs of skin removed.
     2nd round with Dr. LoMonaco 2/8/12 Brachioplasty, Thigh lift,  Breast Implants.

Valerie G.
on 1/23/12 6:05 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
 Wow, that does sound like a long time.  I think my doc had a "DS Day" for her DS's, but not only one per week.  You could check Dr. Maguire to see if his schedule is any better in Dayton.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

gak
on 1/23/12 9:01 am
Revision on 06/21/13
 Congrats on approval. I did not have to wait that  long, but had to wait a bit to get our schedule and Docs to match as I was a revision. 

Ginger<><  
 Revision #2 Dr John Rabkin June 21, 2013; First Revision DS - Dr Maguire
  5-18-09; First DS 7-15-2003 Dr Clark Warden = Third time is the charm   

AundreaSmith
on 1/24/12 6:31 am - Caledonia, MI
DS on 03/12/12
 Congrats on your surgery date!!  I am waiting for our income tax return to make the $1000 deposit and at that time I will get my surgery date.  My surgeon is booking 3-4 weeks out.  I think a lot depends on the surgeon himself/herself as to how far out they are booking.  I wish you all the best, drop another post when you are closer to your surgery date...we are all rooting for you!!

HW: 404/ SW: 380/  GW: 155

Most Active