7 month stall

YNF
on 1/22/12 2:05 am

I have been loosing and gaining the same 3 pounds over the past month.  I am so frustrated.  I go to the gym 4 days a week.  I get my protein and recently started drinking double protein shakes in the morning in order to up my protein.    I have about 15 lbs. to get to my original goal and 25 to get to my ideal goal. Do you think that's it for me?   I'm so close, but I feel so far from my goal.  

Plus I feel like I'm hungry constantly!!!  Already today I've had a 2 egg cheese omelette, 2 sausage links.  A stalk of celery with atleast 1/4 cup of peanut butter slathered on top with a few dried cherries on top. I've had at least 2 16 oz glasses of crystal light.  I've only been awake for 4 hours.
IDK.... Any advice?

HW/248- SW/227 - GW/135 - At goal since Feb '13 - Surgery Date 6/9/11

buffalobillsfan
on 1/22/12 2:59 am - CA

Ask someone who will be completely honest with you how you look right now.  Do you look average, thin, or could you still lose a few?  You might be stuck on a magic number instead of how you look.  What size are you wearing?  What are the comments you are getting from others?  You might be just right for your frame.  Post some pics here.  People will be honest with you.  It's also ok to eat a good amount of food as long as you are eating the right things.  We chose this surgery so we weren't trying to survive on an ounce of food at a time, right?!

You sound like you are doing the right things.  Maybe your head just needs to catch up.  Struggling against your body to get to a lower weight seems so much like our "prior lives".  If you can easily maintain your current weight (give or take 3 lbs), doesn't that sound more enjoyable?  I hope this advice helps.  Remember where you came from.....imagine only gaining 3 lbs, imagine being just a few lbs from GOAL, imagine that you can now go to the gym 4 days a week.  Enjoy your new health. 

Cheers,

Cathy

Blank Out
on 1/22/12 3:00 am
 You have not been stalled for 7 months.  You are having a stall at 7 months out.  And, yes, sounds normal.  Keep doing what you are doing!  Are you watching your carb intake?  I only lost weight once a month during my losing phase.  I would stall, go up or down 2-3 pounds, then I would be down 5-7 pounds all of a sudden.  It all sounds normal.  Don't weigh your self every day.  Maybe only once a week?  By all means, eat!  Make sure you are getting in enough food everyday!  And, liquid.  Are you making your food intake mainly protein and fat?  

HW/ 302  SW/287  CW/140  GW/135

YNF
on 1/22/12 4:06 am
Thanks for the advice... Cathy, I am wearing a size 8/10 dress pants and med/large shirt. I don't expect to be super petite, I just feel like I have more to loose. IDK.. maybe the loose skin is warping my opinion, too.
dvanhandel... I, also, will sometimes stay steady (per the scale) for a week or two and then drop, yet during that time I always feel like my body is changing/making progress. Lately I almost feel more bloated... Like things a backed up ..not that I have any problems going to the bathroom, it's just how I'm feeling. I have been craving more carbs, (crackers or bread/pizza) which I have been avoiding mostly. I do eat an occasional piece of candy or a cookie or two.
About 6 weeks ago I picked up an uncommon food bourne pathogen. When I recovered...I started having the cravings, eating and struggling ever since. I'll just keep trying and hope it picks up again....
(deactivated member)
on 1/22/12 1:09 pm
How tall are you? 
YNF
on 1/23/12 5:31 am
I am 5'3
pycca
on 1/26/12 2:13 am - Haslet, TX

Eating every couple of hours is great!! just make it protein,,, any form!!!

Gina_N.
on 1/29/12 7:52 pm
Hi,  I've been thinking of you.  I don't get on here much anymore but I am at the exact place you are...stalls, increased hunger, bloating, feeling like I want to lose the last 20 to be happy (also thinking the flab around the middle is warping my brain).  Give me a call some time to catch up
             Love, Gina
Gina
Most Active