My attempt at Low Carb Pizza!

Switch_Me
on 1/20/12 7:59 am - Baltimore, MD
 I haven't posted in a while - *enter typical excuse here*

Today I was really craving nice cheesy slice of pizza!  Haven't had a craving this strong for a long time.  I didn't have Brok's recipe at work so when I was on my way home I just stopped by the grocery store and started thinking...  The essentials:  Pepperoni, cheese, sauce, ... crust?  

Here's what I did for the crust:

Got a bag of pork rinds.  Crushed them into an almost flour-like consistency.  Mixed in some egg beaters and grated parmesean cheese.  Formed that into the bottom of greased 9x13 baking pan.  Baked just that for 13 minutes at 325 degrees.

Then just shredded some mozzerella, laddled on some sauce, sliced up some pepperoni off the stick and topped with some more mozzerella (I may have gone a bit crazy with the cheese, but hey, why not!?).  Baked that then for 19 minutes at 350 degrees.

And here's the results!

GastricGirl09
on 1/20/12 10:45 am

Sounds awesome!!

I think I will give it a try in the near future.

Thank you for sharing!!

Switch_Me
on 1/20/12 11:53 am - Baltimore, MD
 You're welcome.  I was really kind of surprised it worked so well.  At first I started with just crushed pork rinds and egg beaters and I didn't like the consistency.  The adding of grated parmesean cheese make it a nice consistency and when it baked it turned almost spongy/doughy.  A very pleasant surprise!
pktwatch
on 1/20/12 11:00 am
Sounds interesting but i cannot see the picture. How was the crust, anything like a regular pizza crust?

Switched 9/21/2011 By Dr. Inman
HW    368
SW    328
CW    180

GW 180 (or less to get to a normal BMI)

Switch_Me
on 1/20/12 11:51 am - Baltimore, MD
 The crust was surprisingly like regular pizza crust.  I did a very "thin crust" version so I'm curious how it would be with a thicker crust.  Suffice it to say - my craving is curbed!!  Very filling too.
Switch_Me
on 1/20/12 11:55 am - Baltimore, MD
 Here's another picture... hopefully this will show up?  

IMAG0547.jpg
wannablite
on 1/21/12 3:22 am - Southern, NJ
 Sure wish I could see the pic. Still no go for me. Thanks for the idea, though!

Switch_Me
on 1/21/12 4:42 am - Baltimore, MD
You're welcome - I hope if you try it that it's as good as mine was!  Wish you could see the pics.  Let me try one last time to post them both.  

Most Active