DS in Denton(DFW) Texas

PattyL
on 1/19/12 3:56 am
 Yes, I am lazy.....  I know I could search.

I think there is a doc here who does the DS.  Anyone know about him?

Here's the deal, I have a dear friend who more than anything else, needs a DS.  She has limited mobility because she needs two knee replacements.  And she can't get the knees because she weighs too much.  A lose/lose situation.  She also has sleep apnea.

Anyway, I hope I can buy a DS for her so I am particularly interested in finding out how much this doc charges for self pay.  I know my friend well, she has kids and a limited support system and she won't be able to travel far.

Thanks everyone!

I'll post on the other site too......
Fo' Shizzle My Sizzle
on 1/19/12 4:23 am, edited 1/19/12 4:23 am
The DS doc in Denton is the mighty Dr. Stewart

Self pay for a virgin lap DS is around 22k, I got mine a year ago. If his prices have changed it might be posted on his website: http://www.weightlosssurgeon.com/
For great WLS info join me here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com and here www.dsfacts.com

PattyL
on 1/19/12 4:40 am
 Thank you!!!!!!
hamilbr
on 1/20/12 2:53 am - Lewisville, TX
What a wonderful gift it will be for your friend.  Dr. Stewart in Denton is great--I can't say enough about this man.  He has given my life back to me.  Like your friend, I too had mobility problems.  At 415 lbs I too needed 2 knee replacements.  I  was self-pay (thanks to my wonderful great-Aunt).  So, anyway, 26 months ago, I had the DS.  This pasted June had my 1st knee replacement and in August the 2nd.  I have lost almost 220lbs and enjoying my life again.  There are several of us DS'ers here in Denton/ Dallas/ Frisco area.  Lots of support here!  Have her read my profile.

Brenda
(deactivated member)
on 1/24/12 9:57 am
Wow...I just posted a new topic about my recent initial consultation with Dr. Stewart.  He is awesome.

Good luck.