Day 4 post op and back to work

(deactivated member)
on 1/17/12 3:46 am - FL
DS on 01/13/12
 Ok so today is day 4 after my DS I am a hair dresser and I went in to work to do a color cut and Blo out it went really I don't have any pain aside the tring to relearn sipping not gulping that's a total killer BTW I feel like I domt know what to drink eat anything and I and please excuse me but dark brown watery runs a lot today yesterday was first BM and it was little and ok but today it like every 20 mins is this normal? And any eating suggestions for a. Day 4 guy would be great but again I feel fine and an just unsure of what I do now. Oh and BTW I went to work cause she is my favorite client I'm really not nuts and I'm only doing 1 or 2  a day the rest of the week 
galla1
on 1/17/12 4:22 am
Congrats first on the DS!! watery stools are very normal in the beginning. It will change and become more "normal". as far as eating, your surgeon probably gave you guidelines, I have found everyone was told different things to eat.. I personally was having greek yogurt, cottage cheese, string cheese, then refried beans with cheese melted.. of course thinned down with milk or broth, soups mostly broth.. chew and eat really slow.. make sure you get  your water in !! and dont worry I am 8 months out yesterday and gulp water.. it will happen!!

SW 314-- CW 170-- GW 155   HT 5'7"  I love my DS !!
(deactivated member)
on 1/17/12 5:01 am - FL
DS on 01/13/12
 Thanks I am so not hungry but I know I have too eat so I guess I'm doing ok thanks again! 
Blank Out
on 1/17/12 6:33 am
 Wow!  You should be resting, sipping, and walking only!  At the bare minimum, I would expect someone to take at least 2-3 weeks off of work.  This is major, major surgery!!!!  You should be sipping fluids all day, like warm tea, G2, maybe some jello, crystal light, popsicles...  so, rest and fluids are your proirity.  Are you on a food progression?  Most want you to do only clear fluids for the first week or so.  Then, you can add full liquids, like protein shakes, carnation instant breakfast if you can stand milk.  Then after two weeks, you can add purees and mushies; like greek yogurt, cottage cheese, etc...  Please tell me your were given an eating plan.  I am a little conerned about you...

HW/ 302  SW/287  CW/140  GW/135

"Just Elizabeth "
on 1/17/12 7:27 am - Houston, TX
I can't believe you are back to work at 4 days out. At that point I wasn't even out of the hospital.

Elizabeth                                                      
Back in the U.S.A.

"I have lost the lumbering hulk that I once was.  I don't hide behind my clothes or behind my door.  I am part of life's rich tapestry not an observer."  Kirmy

(deactivated member)
on 1/17/12 10:09 am - FL
DS on 01/13/12
  I am still on full liquids well dr said I can have Greek yogurt but I feel great, 2 hours after surgery I was out walking the hospital grounds. And I haven't stopped moving yet I'm afraid if I slow down I'll get a clot or pneumonia or whatever so like the little energizer bunny I keep trucking. Thanks for all the good advise and I an incorporating it all into my life but I think I'm in some kinda post surgery manic state. I am a life long hdad hyper kid even at 48 so this is kinda normal and my dr thinks its great that I'm doing my thing. Food progression will start in about 8 days      Thanks all 
PatXYZ
on 1/17/12 10:43 am
I'm in shock that you let that butcher touch you, nevermind for something as complicated as a DS. Please watch yourself carefully for infection (this is common with his patients) and you may want to see a doctor in the US to confirm whether you actually ended up with a DS.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/DS/4477138/HELP-Dr-Mario-Alberto-Almanza-Reyes-in-Tijuana-for-DS/
(deactivated member)
on 1/17/12 12:23 pm - Califreakinfornia , CA
I'm having a hard time understanding how somebody who just went through abdominal surgery would have the strength to blow dry and style a clients hair. How did the action of holding your arms out in front of you while blow drying her hair not pull at your incisions ?  Hair cannot be sanitized and you are healing from surgery ?
Janet P.
on 1/18/12 12:00 am
My suggestion would be to get back home and heal. You had MAJOR surgery a week ago and you may feel great on the outside (I'm assuming you had the surgery done lap) but your insides are still healing. It takes weeks (if not months) to completely heal. Did you drive yourself to work? You shouldn't be driving for a couple of weeks.

You should be eating high protein, low carb. The most important thing this early out is staying hydrated.

Yes your BMs will be runny at the beginning -- YOU JUST HAD MAJOR STOMACH/INTESTINAL SURGERY. You're not eating anything solid so therefore what comes out the other end won't be solid either.

Janet in Leesburg
DS 2/25/03
Hazem Elariny

Valerie G.
on 1/18/12 2:22 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
 Wow, day 4 and back to work?  I'm in awe.  I didn't go back to work for 2 months.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes