Pre-Existing Insurance Plan WLS question

lisalou79
on 1/16/12 12:14 pm - de soto, MO
Hi all,

I was looking stuff up today and came across the pre-existing insurance plan that is currently in effect. It looks like this plan will cover WLS when medically necessary and I believe I do qualify for this insurance.

Right off the bat, I know there are NO DS surgeons here in Missouri so I am wondering if this federal plan would cover for a procedure out-of-state?

I'm calling tomorrow to find out information on qualification but does anyone know anything about this federal plan for high-risk people????
Kelbell44
on 1/17/12 4:15 pm
HI, I have the CA version of this plan. I stayed in CA and had my sugery (Dr Keshishian) so I can't help you with that part. But I will tell you the insurance is pretty good, I was approved right away. They even reimbursed  travel expenses, hotel and food for my mom and I during my surgical stay. Definately check into it. Good luck! :)
Valerie G.
on 1/18/12 2:24 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
 If they cover the DS, then you'd probably have good luck getting it covered in another state.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Kelbell44
on 1/24/12 2:52 am
Hi, just wondering if have checked some more into the federal insurance plan? I bet they would let you travel out of state to have your surgery! They reimburse for travel expenses as well. Food, tranportaion, lodging. Check into it, it might work for you!
Kel