Update on Danni

MajorMom
on 1/11/12 2:28 am - VA
Here's an update Elizabeth N posted on Facebook. Please keep the critters and prayers going. Thanks.

--gina

Just spoke to Dani and then got a text from Doug. She's safely in SLC and had just seen Dr. Simper for the first time when I called. It's taking more time than she's liking to get all information into his hands and she's scared and feeling like crap. He now has the scans from MT in hand and is connecting the dots. Treatment plan to follow very shortly I'd imagine.

Her mom flew down after all and arrived early this morning. Doug is taking a bit of time to secure things at home/work since she is not critical, but I'm sure would speed up his timetable if needed.

Another Simper patient saw the word on OH and put out phone number with offer of local help, lodging etc. I just left her a VM with the pertinent info, so if someone knows her on FB or elsewhere and can get her to hurry up and delete her number that would be good.

Dani sends her love and is profoundly grateful for all prayers and good thoughts and circling critters. She doesn't sound up to posting for herself at the moment, but you never know.

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

(deactivated member)
on 1/11/12 3:52 am - PA
 Thank you for the update. Will continue to it to keep her and the family in my prayers. 
larra
on 1/11/12 4:35 am - bay area, CA
Thanks again, EN! Glad she made it to SLC safely and that Dr. Simper is seeing her.

Larra
larra
on 1/11/12 4:36 am - bay area, CA
And a big thank you to MajorMom as well.

Larra
MajorMom
on 1/11/12 5:44 am - VA
Latest text from Doug: She finally got to see Dr S and he's looking at the CT scans and started blood work. They are going to put her on a pump that helps her blood flow and allows them to put stuff in and out. She's still running a fever. They had a hard time getting a vane. Today was 2 IV bags...yesterday was 4. Not much output. Will find out more from MIL in a few hours. Also waiting on a 48 hour culture of her blood to find out what kind of infection.

I let him know people on our private boards and groups were thinking of both of them and appreciate the updates.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

teachmid
on 1/11/12 12:07 pm - OKC, OK
Thanks for the update, Gina. She's been on my mind all day. I'm having trouble accessing the other site.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

prettypixels
on 1/11/12 7:46 pm
Thinking of you Danni!
Frankie
on 1/11/12 10:21 pm - NY
Get well soon Danni, praying for you.

Frankie

Dena73
on 1/12/12 11:27 pm - Hamilton, NJ
Wishing you a SPEEDY recovery Danni!!!!

Dena

HW 294..... SW 277..... CW 161 ..... GW 160???
DOODLESNJ AND ELLEN G. ARE MY ANGELS   R.I.P. Faith...Beautiful Angel 8/26/10, you will be missed by all, gone but never forgotten <3 <3 <3
DENA