Please Keep Danni in Your Thoughts Today

MajorMom
on 1/10/12 6:04 pm - VA
Update on Danni posted by Elizabeth N:

Bad news for Determineddani. That kinda sorta bellyache she mentioned in her last post from the ER is an abscess. Her husband called a bit ago. She will be medflighted to SLC within the hour. Her condition is not yet dire, but there is not sufficient care for her where they live, and their insurance requires that this be referred to a COE location for care. Nearest one for them is SLC, which is handy since her surgeon is also there.
No word yet on what kind of treatment will be necessary, though the assumption is that it will be some kind of surgical intervention. She's been started on massive antibiotics and all that jazz.

Weather is horrible in their neck of the woods tonight with an ice storm having caused at least 100 accidents in just a couple of hours. He's not going to try to drive out tonight but will hit the road first thing in the morning.

Swing those critters please. Her poor hubby is a Montanan and a Marine combat vet, but he's no less terrified for being a tough guy.

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

no_more_rolls
on 1/10/12 8:58 pm - Jackson, MI

I'm sorry to see this, I hope she recovers soon.  My thoughts are with her and I got my critters swinging!
Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.  
DONT BE AFRAID TO FAIL......BE AFRAID NOT TO TRY! 
highest weight 313/ surgery 255 / current 185 / goal 135  Height 5'6"

buffalobillsfan
on 1/10/12 9:47 pm - CA

I'll be praying really hard for her.  Thanks for the update!

Cathy

calendargirl
on 1/10/12 10:19 pm - Land of Oz, KS
DS on 04/20/12

Thinking of you, Danni, and sending all my prayers and positive healing thoughts your way.

C-Girl

Starting Stats: Ht: 5' 0" HW: 242 ~ SW: 229.9 ~ CW: 117 ~ Goal: 124.9 ("normal" BMI)
% EWL @ 03 months: 36%             % EWL
 @ 09 months: 80%
% EWL @ 06 months: 63%             % EWL @ 12 months + 2 weeks: 100%

Huneypie
on 1/10/12 10:36 pm - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12
Poor thing.  I hope she has a quick recovery and she soon becomes one of the 'I love my DS' crowd ;-) 
fullhousemom
on 1/10/12 11:04 pm
 Prayers for Determined Danni!  Thanks for keeping us updated. My heart breaks for her. 
inkedandsleeved
on 1/10/12 11:48 pm
 ! what happened?
were there complications up to then?
i havent been on the site much since my surgery, but she was scheduled to be my surgery twin, we were the same date.

thoughts and prayers and lots of chickens. she's young, determined, and surrounded by love so i KNOW she'll get through this alright

Sleeved 10/09, Switched 12/11, 5'3.5"
Frankie
on 1/11/12 12:00 am - NY
Oh no! Sending prayers her way for speedy recovery.

Frankie

Nicolle
on 1/11/12 2:30 am
Oh dear! Thanks for the update.

Stay strong Danni and Danni's hubby!

Nicolle

I had the kick-butt duodenal switch (DS)!

HW: 344 lbs      CW: 150 lbs

Type 2 diabetes and sleep apnea GONE!

PatXYZ
on 1/11/12 12:18 am
Very sorry to hear this, but glad they know the cause and that she's getting prompt and expert treatment!