Calling Dr. Elariny Patients. I need a revision from RNY to DS

Susan Rainey-Harris
on 1/9/12 3:25 am, edited 1/8/12 6:54 pm - MD
OK all I'm back again after a few days of researching Dr's i found that i may be going with Dr Elariny. I'm looking for everyones experience with him. I really want to know everyones personal opinions and if you have had a revision with Dr Elariny, Please chime in. He is on DSfacts vetted for surgeons. I hope to hear from everyone.

also those I have read about some out of pocket expenses upfront, can anyone enlighten me on what these are for....
Thanks in advance Susan

Update - I have a consult on Jan 25 with Dr. E, What should I expect at this appointment??

MajorMom
on 1/9/12 3:59 am - VA
I'm a Dr E patient and think he is truely gifted. He will give you the pros and cons of 2 options and you choose which one you want. If you choose the DS there is an extra charge. You'll need to talk to Alex about the details.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Nicolle
on 1/9/12 5:18 am
She is looking for a revision. Does Dr. E. do RNY to DS revisions? I always forget!

Nicolle

I had the kick-butt duodenal switch (DS)!

HW: 344 lbs      CW: 150 lbs

Type 2 diabetes and sleep apnea GONE!

MajorMom
on 1/9/12 5:35 am - VA
BeachPat is one of his RNY revisions. I'm on FB with her I don't think she's posted here on the DS board all that much except for the year she revised. We met for coffee and she showed me the notes and sketches she and Dr Elariny made at her appointment. She revised from RNY 2 or maybe 3 years ago. When we talked she was trying to decide if she wanted the ERNY or DS. He also discussed revisions in one of the info seminars I attended with a band to DS revision patient a little over a year ago. 

--g

******GOAL*******

Join us on the
Lightweights Board!

Nicolle
on 1/9/12 5:38 am
Gotcha. I remembered the ERNY part (because it is similar to his name!) but not the DS. Thanks for the info!

Nicolle

I had the kick-butt duodenal switch (DS)!

HW: 344 lbs      CW: 150 lbs

Type 2 diabetes and sleep apnea GONE!

MajorMom
on 1/9/12 5:49 am - VA
I owe Diana some more info about his revisions from RNY to DS. As soon as I can get in there to see him and get some updated answers I'll let folks know.

--g

******GOAL*******

Join us on the
Lightweights Board!

prettypixels
on 1/9/12 8:31 pm
I just had a band to DS revision with Dr. E and although the first time I met him I was not so sure about him... I have come away from the whole experience feeling like his surgical skills are nothing short of amazing. It was oddly comforting to be waiting to go to the OR and hear the nurses flustered because Dr. E was SO EXCITED to get cutting. LOL! He loves what he does and he is very, very good at it.
Janet P.
on 1/10/12 12:12 am
I had my DS with Dr. E almost 9 years ago. I was not a revision but I know that he does them. Dr. E is a brilliant cutter and I would let him operate on me in a heartbeat. Because my surgery was so long ago, I know his process/expenses have changed so I will let those newer respond.

I actually still go through Dr. E to get my labs done and sorry I'll miss you but I have an appointment with the dietition on January 24th.

You'll be in very good hands if you choose Dr. E for your DS.

Janet in Leesburg
DS 2/25/03
Hazem Elariny

strawberry28
on 1/10/12 4:09 am - somewhere, MD
Dr. E did my Band to DS revision. Love him. I've had no issues and lost all my weight.
SW= 268     
CW= 145  ***GOAL REACHED on Christmas Day 2010****             
GW=145
5'6"       BMI= 23
 LapBand 3/2006 to Revision DS 12/2009
Get the FACTS about the Duodenal Switch at www.DSFACTS.com or http://www.duodenalswitch.com/

Extended Tummy Tuck, BL/BA scheduled for 11/18/11 Dr. Larry Lickstein