has any one had dental problems after ds

usandall
on 3/15/12 9:01 pm
yes it answers my question now I wish I knew how to avoid the problems you are having.  I wish you the best.  I was thinking about going to Mexico for 2 implants however my daughter says the border towns are the most dangerous.  I had my DS by DR U however his location is more inner Mexico and there is no worries in comparison to boarder towns................... not sure what I will do. 
Have a great day and again I wish you the best.
Donna
newyorkbitch
on 3/16/12 2:30 am
 I am 12 years post-op and I have zero tooth/gum issues. 
delm
on 3/16/12 11:16 am - CA
Wow.  Great minds think alike.  My dream is to go to Mexico and get implants too!  The only dental insurance I have is county run and their only option is to pull the tooth out.  Those dentist couldn't figure out what was going on in my mouth.  Now on my next visit, I will be able to tell them.

It kinda makes me wonder "if I knew then, what I know now, would I have pursued the WLS so diligently?" 

I did find a websit that talked about our ph balance and a list of foods to make our ph good.  Of course we must cross off the bariatric no-no's and see what we have left.    I haven't tried it yet, it just made me aware of all the foods that can mismanage our ph balance.  I found a few favorites on that list.  Wishing you the best.

http://www.chienergy.co.uk/acidandalkaline.htm
(deactivated member)
on 6/28/12 2:51 pm
On January 8, 2012 at 3:27 PM Pacific Time, usandall wrote:
Just a off the wall question has any one had problems with their teeth after having the dS.  It might be a stupid question and if so I am sorry.
Thank you in advance.
Donna
I had already my teeth cleaned and the hygenist said that I had receding gums and might have to be referred to a pariodontist but in your case you should consult with good dentist who will give you proper technique to care your teeth. Little bit pain is common but you have lot of pain then you need some treatments.