Hello All.

-Amanda-
on 1/7/12 9:11 am
Monday ,
Im going to be one month out from the ds and i have lost 25 pounds
does this seam about right?
I thought i should have been more but maybe not IDK.?
Thanks Ladies, oh n guys too! lol
Tina.D
on 1/7/12 9:51 am - TX
Welcome and congrats on your loss so far.

Don't worry about the weight, I know that's hard but trust me, it will come off.  You should be more focused at this point on staying hydrated, getting protein in and getting on top of your vitamins.  How are those doing?   If you get those all correct, your weight will fall off like you want.

-Amanda-
on 1/7/12 10:03 am
Thanks,  I know i shouldnt worry about the weight  it but im like a
kid in the candy store about the ds couldnt wait to get it and cant wait till it works. lol

I think im doing great as far as drinking , i drink quite a bit of water , i never had any problems with that and also with the protien im getting in about 40 g a day, so far i know i need to up that and im doing all my vits so far.
I actually think im very lucky i guess with no food or water problems.
MajorMom
on 1/7/12 10:19 am - VA
Seems about right to me. I lost 21 the first month. Keep working on the fluids and protein. 

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

-Amanda-
on 1/7/12 10:30 am
okay thanks i thought i was a lil behind.
Sunshine16
on 1/7/12 1:23 pm
Amanda, don't worry.....everyone is different, however the DS is working...TRUST.  You will lose weight, TRUST.....the DS got this.
Sher Bear Mama
on 1/8/12 12:53 am, edited 1/8/12 1:02 am
 I'm almost 5 weeks out (surgery was Dec. 5th) and I've lost about 22 pounds.  I haven't lost an ounce since week 2.  I struggle to remind myself to drink--because I was never much of a drinker before surgery--and it's hard to get in the appropriate amount of protein because I'm just not hungry.  So I know I'm eating so little it would be impossible to not lose weight.  But I know the whole equation about glycogen and it helps comfort me a little. My surgeon said don't be surprised if the weight loss stalls after the 3rd or 4th week.  So apparently it's to be expected.  But it still sucks.  Here is a link to the information regarding Glycogen and weight loss.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/ds/4257696/Glycogen-and-Fat-Metabolism-101-Stalls-explained/

Hope this helps a little.

Sheri
Sher--the bear mama

a_new_mii
on 1/8/12 4:53 am, edited 1/8/12 4:55 am - AZ
 Hi Amanda! 
Welcome to the losers bench. 
I know you will get a lot of people, me included, saying "don't worry about the scale". I also know that as much as you want to listen, we all feel the same way... we want to be able to see the results of this drastic step we've taken.

When I was first out of surgery I thought to myself, I would love to be able to lose 100 pounds in a year. Sounds too good to be true right??? Well here i am 200lbs lighter and it's still surreal! Now keep in mind that I started out higher than most.  But my point is, I have has so many failures in the past that I wasn't as optimistic as I could have been.  I thought for sure, that i would be the only one, this amazing gift wouldn't work for.  Continued following other posters has taught me that so many of us has the same feelings. 

Now, we are all going to lose at a different rate due to body type and BMI and all those things.  But trust in the tool you've chosen.  It Will happen.  I lost just 26 lbs in the first month. There has only been one other month in which i lost more.  The rest  were in the low teens or less.  So I stress, try not to let the scale rule you.  instead enjoy all the Nonscale victories that are sure to come your way. 

Good Luck {{{Hugs}}}
Join us here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/index.cgi ~~❁~Ginger~~~
The beginning of a whole new world.              
HW-445
   SW-417    CW-162  GW-175            

-Amanda-
on 1/8/12 5:06 am
 I worry bcuz my common channel is 150 cm.
 Does anyone else have that size?
I do know one other person. But i just heard after 18 months its really hard to lose anymore.

Thanks for all the info-
Amanda
Sher Bear Mama
on 1/8/12 7:55 am, edited 1/8/12 7:56 am
 There are MANY others who have a common channel around your size or slightly smaller.  I wouldn't worry that your DS is "broken" due to the common channel size.  Most of the vets have gone over to another board (see my signature) and so that's why you're not getting as many answers from them as you might wish--but I'm certain that they'd tell you to up your protein, make sure your carbs are under 50 g a day (ouch, I KNOW!), and try to get moving a little.  You can ask them in a separate thread if you like (on the link below) and then come back here to see if you get any more responses.  But I think you're going to be just fine. I've heard of people not losing as much after the two year mark, but it's usually because they've stopped using the DS as a tool--meaning they've gotten lazy with the carbs.  I truly believe that some people truly need to find some form of exercise as well to jump start the w/l process again--I'm definitely one of those--considering I'm only 5 weeks out and have hit my first stall after losing 22 or so pounds the first 2 weeks and nothing since.  I KNOW I should be exercising.  But it's hard to commit to--but if I want change, it's what I'll have to do. YOu and I are still early out and really shouldn't be thinking about what will happen a year or two from now.  Instead, we need to focus on today.  

I wish you all the luck in the world and I'm sure you'll lose the rest of the weight you want.

Cheers,
Sheri

Sher--the bear mama