Dr. Jossart self pay

penelopeliam
on 1/6/12 8:29 am - Henderson, NV
Does anyone know Dr. Jossart's current self pay rate?
larra
on 1/6/12 9:08 am - bay area, CA
Penelope, I'm sorry I can't answer your question, just wanted to make sure you also check on self-pay with Dr. Kesheshian in SoCal while you're at it (I believe you've already checked on Dr. Rabkin).

Larra

Sorry I can't be more helpful.
M ..
on 1/7/12 3:12 am
Even though he was my surgeon, I don't know what his rate is! I know my program fee was 5000, though.

Good luck!

Lilypie - (bM9u)

Fibonacci
on 2/9/12 8:26 am, edited 2/9/12 8:26 am
Sorry that I am replying a month after your inquiry, but I'm in the beginning process myself, having just filed the initial paperwork and scheduled a consult with Dr. Jossart for later this month.

Currently, his self-pay rate for a Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy is roughly $17,000. That includes the procedure, your hospital stay, the anesthesiologist. It does not include whatever you need to pay for your psych eval or meeting with your dietician, and does not include any pre- or post-op nutritional supplies (like the liquid diet he wants you to go on afterwards).

I realize you're asking about a DS--a DS might be more than a VSG, but I don't know if you've met with the doctor yet, and whether you're already decided in advance what procedure you want.

I went to one of his support group meetings, and most of his patients there had the VSG (there was one lady who'd gotten the DS, though).

Hope this helps a little bit!